Super Soaker 50 20th Anniversary

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
RadNate

Super Soaker 50 20th Anniversary

Post by RadNate » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:36 pm

I don't collect Super Soakers anymore, but I have a couple of Super Soaker 50 20th Anniversary guns I was looking to sell. I can't find any for sale or sold on Ebay, are these rare or just undesirable, or both?

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Super Soaker 50 20th Anniversary

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 am

I wouldn't say they were rare. I recall seeing them in stores back in the day. They might be undesirable in the sense that anyone who might want to buy it probably already has an original Super Soaker 50, but some people still might buy it anyway. The performance of the Super Soaker 50 isn't that good compared to even modern water guns (which don't perform that well, I should add). In short, the SS50 is neither rare nor particularly desirable, but you could try to sell it if you'd like.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Most collectors nowadays are actually looking for the original version of the SS 50. They're willing to pay up to $55 for that (don't ask why, I've never understood the reasoning). The original is worth more than some CPS, and the whole SS line and many XPs are seeing pretty mystifying price floors for what they are. I'm willing to bet the main reasons for lack of additional value in the anniversary edition are either people don't know about it, or they don't see the difference. Either way, SS 50 prices are currently trending in peak territory, so it would be a good time to unload yours.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

RadNate

Post by RadNate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:39 pm

If anyone is interested shoot me an offer.
If anyone knows of one of these that has been sold recently I would love to know where to find a record of it, I've searched eBay, all of Craigslist in the U.S. Canada and Mexico, Offer Up and LetGo as far as their searches would let me, and of course this forum, I can't find one for sale or a record of a sold one anywhere.