Need a Cap

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Redd

Need a Cap

Post by Redd » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:38 am

Hello,

Recently picked up a SS Secret Strike during my community's "junk day," a time when people leave out their old furniture/appliances/crap that's too big for a regular garbage pickup day to be picked up and disposed of by the city. The original owner of this soaker lost their cap, and trashed it. If somebody could sell me a cap for a couple of bucks, just to make this blaster functional that'd be great, thanks! :)

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Need a Cap

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:41 am

The difficult thing about the Secret Strike is that it uses the large Max Infusion cap, which is more rare. I'm sure many of us have regular caps lying around, but that may be more difficult. I will search through my stuff for you though and let you know what I find. I think I may have one.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:48 am

There are some solutions you can try that are almost completely non-reversible, but will enable you to fill the blaster without risking spillage while using.

Try finding some pipe fitting pieces that fit as close as possible over the reservoir opening. Epoxy it together and then use the fittings to create your own cap. For the 2007 Secret Strike, you need to drill a tiny hole in the cap to prevent the reservoir from imploding due to the negative outside pressure. (A check valve would work more nicely but costs more, you can design your own though.) For the 2003 Max-D Secret Strike, you just need a solid cap.

Instead of a cap, you can also try using a check valve and/or ball valve. For the 2003 SS, just a ball valve will work. For the 2007 SS, you'll need an air inlet in addition to the ball valve.

Otherwise you're stuck to looking around for a cap. Try the thrift stores if there are any in your area.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Redd

Post by Redd » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Just a bit of clarification, it is a 2007 Secret Strike. Thanks. :)

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:28 pm

I actually found a cap for you. I'm interested in making a trade.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.