Catskill Mtn. SEALs Armory Clean-up

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Catskill Mtn. SEALs Armory Clean-up

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 am

Right now, my team has exactly 35 water blasters. The thing is, many of them are Hasbro junk that I picked up over the years, which nobody ever uses. I've been thinking about getting rid of them for a while, and now that I got a few more armory additions, I'm going to use the old phrase, "Out with the old, in with the new!". Though in this case it's out with the junk and in with the good stuff. I doubt any of you will want any of this, but I figured that I'd try to sell them here first, before going to ebay or yard sales or whatever.

Here's what I am selling (everything works unless stated otherwise.):
Max-D Secret Strike (blue and silver.)
SoakerTag Vaporizer (the silver-ish one; same as iSoaker's.)
'06 Vaporizer (the green and yellow re-release.)
100oz Aquapak (broken MI adapter, leaks where the tube connects to the backpack.) SOLD (for free, that is :goofy: )
Quick Blast (has a problem shooting.)

That's pretty much it. Everything that's not broken can be yours for $5.00 USD, and you would have to pay me for shipping unless you come to a community war, in which case I can give it to you in person. The broken stuff is free, and marauder already said that he wants the Aquapak, but I'm putting it up there anyway in case he changes his mind. I also have an Aquashock Secret Strike (the one with that stupid downwards-facing nozzle.), but I'd rather keep that until I get one or two more good air pressure blasters (because it's a fairly-decent air-pressure weapon.). If someone really wants it though, I'll sell it for $10, which will go towards a Gorgon or something. Also, I have a really crappy 2L homemade that I can give to someone for free, if you actually want it.

Don't know who would want any of this stuff, except perhaps for parts or the satisfaction of owning a blaster that the great SEAL once used ( :goofy: ), but it doesn't hurt to see if there's any interest. I'm going to be getting rid of these either way.

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Catskill Mtn. SEALs Armory Clean-up

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 am

Does the Quick Blast have a rubber bladder/firing chamber?

If the Aquashock Secret Strike is the same thing as the Optimus Prime then I'm surprised you want to keep that. I was definitely not impressed with its performance. However, I did get it for only $2.75 at Wal Mart so it was worth it just to lend out to opponents haha.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I believe the QB uses a spring-powered mechanisim. See isoaker.com.

I haven't used the Secret Strike in a while, but I think it got about 35 feet of range when I tested it (remember, it does use a seperate PC.). I'm mainly keeping it as a back-up air pressure blaster, even though I never bring it to wars (though I will bring it to CT this fall.). I don't plan on keeping it forever, and even now it's for sale, just at a slightly higher price than everything else. I think the Optimus Prime blaster was based on the MI Overload, which has the same body as the Secret Strike, but the reservoir is smaller and it doesn't have that hidden nozzle that we all love.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for the clarification. There came a point and time in Super Soaker history where I graduated highschool and just zoned out from all the bull**** they were producing. To make it more complicated there are so many guns with the exact same name but with a different prefix/lineup. But they all suck. There's a reason I don't list guns as Max Infusion this or Soaker Tag Elite that because ultimately that means absolutely nothing as far as performance goes, and very few people even remember what the hell those lines were all about anyway. I list guns with no prefix but just Super Soaker (classic) XP, XXP, Super Charger, CPS, and Max D. If it is air pressure and has a Max D ball valve I don't care if it was soaker tag whatever I just list it as a Max D since that's mechanically what it is. If it has a rubber firing chamber I list it as a CPS. I may note the official title in my reviews, but for the sake of listing I don't bother with the bullshit. I group by mechanics.

The Optimus Prime gets 28 feet on its best nozzle. Hilariously awful. Then again, so does the XXP 175 and the XP 105 isn't much better yet everyone used to think those were great guns.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DrinkItUp

Post by DrinkItUp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 pm

SEAL wrote:I'm going to use the old phrase, "Out with the old, in with the new!"
Now that's funny! :D
ImageWater guns don't kill witches, people do!