FT (Possibly): Monster (2001)

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
DukeSoakem

FT (Possibly): Monster (2001)

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

While it is on eBay I figure it may be worth trying here as well, as eBay in terms of interest and getting the higher prices seems have gone past it's peak at the moment.

Anyway I figured I'd give my Monster (2001) a go here, however more for trade than for sale as unless you are from the UK or Europe when it comes to a sale price it most likely wouldn't be worth it. However just in case on here sale price would be £40 GBP + shipping. I figure while unlikely I'll get a trade I may as well try anyway as I might be able to get something I am after that I would keep for it.

The blaster is in very nice condition. I purchased it brand new off eBay in 2009 and have maintained it since then. I have kept it in a well balanced temperatured room and away from sunlight when not in use, so there is no fading. It is a little dusty from storage. I have done a minor repair to how far the trigger pulls back. When I got it, the trigger was hard to pull at full pressure, so I have cut off some plastic on the inside where the trigger stops in order for it to pull back far enough to fire without issue. All that has happened is that one screw has been made redundant, this does not effect the working of the blaster and it is still fully solidly together with the rest of the screws holding it all fine. The blaster still fires just as good and as far as the day it was first used.

It also has the original Monster QFD hose filler. Also included is an extra hose nozzle piece that you see on the front of the blaster just as a handy spare.

Trades wise, well tell me what you got that might be of interest. I am after older CPS's, 3000/3200, another 2700 might be nice, Pool Pumper Blaster.etc. subject to condition. Obviously cash adjustment on my end might be needed depending on what I get offered and if I get offered anything in the first place.
Attachments
IMG_0747-.jpg
IMG_0747-.jpg (252.53 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
Last edited by DukeSoakem on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Re: FT (Possibly): Monster (2001)

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Would you be willing to part with just the QFD? I don't need it, but some people are gonna want just that. And then GJIV will come and outbid everybody. But that is beyond the point…

I've never seen the replacemend QFD thing… that is interesting.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Sorry but I'd rather keep the QFD with the blaster at the moment as it came with it and sell it as a complete set.

The spare QFD nozzle just came from a broken SC Big Trouble I think that I salvaged for parts. I noticed the QFD nozzle part looked to be the same type of part that blasters like the Monster have on them. There is a thread on the inside, in which they just screw on.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Probably just the one part for all QFD capable blasters (like the old standard screw-on pump cap). Saves on manufacturing costs.

I would be interested if I had any cash. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen now for a looooong time. :(

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 pm

DukeSoakem, that is one sweet Monster. If I didn't already have one, I might spring for it. On that note, where do you live? I don't think it is worthwhile to have it shipped from Europe to the USA...
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm based in the UK, sales wise it would only really be doable if is is UK or Europe. Even though slim I may as well throw it up for trades or sale just in case. eBay might pick up again one last time this year and I may get someone buying it there however again I'm not counting on it.