US Address Mail Forwarding Services

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
DX

US Address Mail Forwarding Services

Post by DX » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:46 pm

If you want to shop for water guns on Ebay or other US sites, but the seller won't ship internationally, you could use a forwarder. You still have to pay international shipping on the package, on top of the domestic and whatever membership fee the service charges, but at least it would get to your country. They usually include a tracking number, discounted rates, and free insurance up to some amount. The final cost could be less than shipping something straight out of the US, although the time taken will certainly be longer. It really depends on the service and what you bought.

Bongo International - Charges $5 one-time to be a basic member + cost of international shipping
Shipito - Charges $8.50 per package + cost of international shipping
MyUS - Charges $10 one-time to be a basic member + cost of international shipping
One USA Address - Must start sign up process to see plans/rates. Actually verifies your international IP address before letting you sign up, so I can't check them.

These were just the first four hits in Google. There are dozens upon dozens of these services.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

GJIV

Re: US Address Mail Forwarding Services

Post by GJIV » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

I do not feel that safe with services like these...Also when there is something wrong or broken due to shipping with the gun you may have problems with the ebay-seller to get back money...

I still prefer asking and sellers and hoping to get things shipped internationally. as also I try to get several items shipped at one time, from one seller, so sellers with more than a few soakers are quite interesting^^ :)

But I could try this out though ones... maybe ;D

DX

Re: US Address Mail Forwarding Services

Post by DX » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

It's really just a heads up for people who live in countries that nobody ever wants to ship to :p If a seller can be talked into doing international shipping, that's obviously the best option. Technically the seller is not responsible for shipping problems, you have to wrangle that money out of the carrier (which is why it's essential to have a tracking number, and insurance if the soaker is valuable). Most of them won't be worth more than $200, so you're only set back a couple bucks with insurance.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers