Fed up with Hasbro Sevice- Help!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:14 pm

So, in June of last year I bought 4 CPS 4100's, three of which broke due to the Max-D trigger. I called up Hasbro and they sent me a Nerf-N-strike unity power system blaster (or whatever).

I since then called them complaining that I had recieved a Nerf gun, which is not a Super Soaker, I have no use for a Nerf gun, and that I had only recieved $40 worth of goods, when the total value of the goods broken (3 CPS 4100's) was $90. They, however, claimed that the Nerf gun was retail $50 (the site itself says right now it's $40), and that the retail value of the 4100's was $20 apiece. That's not true, everyone knows that it's $30, and I still should have recieved $20 more if it was. They the said they would send me some coupons for my "inconvience."

The coupons, after a month, never arrived. So, today I just called for a THIRD time to complain about never recieving the coupons, and about my being ripped off $50 (really $90, because the nerf gun is useless to me). He misheard he when I said 3 4100's, and thought I said 3 2100's. Anyway, he said the 2100's were worth $25 a piece! When I corrected him that they were 4100's, he said they had no Super Soakers. When I told him that the 2006 soakers had appeared, and that I know some people who have them, he paused (like he was hiding something, especially when I mentioned the Overload). Then he finally said weakly, "No Super Soakers" and hung up.

What should I do? I want my $90 of Super Soakers and I have yet to recieve them, nor do I think I ever will. :(

Edited By Hannibal on 1140207354
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Typically, when a soaker breaks, I exchange them at the store I bought them from. Hasbro does not sell things directly to consumers so the fact that they already attempted to compensate you is actually a plus on their side. I'm not sure about exact laws when it comes to this, but I am under the impression that one first goes to the retailer and the retailer can then go to the distributor to request a replacement.

And while many blame Max-D triggers, unless you can prove defective manufacturing, how are they (Hasbro) to know their design is to blame as opposed to rough handling by the user? If the roles were reversed, would you simply just accept from a consumer that the product you made is just defective? It's not like you were asked to send back the product for exchange/repair, either. From my understand, you are (or could have been) in possession of the broken CPS4100s? As others would say here, the triggers could likely be repaired, too.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve some compensation, but I'm just not sure whether you should be venting at Hasbro directly in this case.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:47 pm

The problem could be your diagnosis: CPS 4100s do not use Max-D triggers. Please explain the problem in greater detail and you should at least get a potential repair. The problem could be as simple as a misplaced part. Pictures help a lot in repairs too.

If repair isn't a route you would like to take, could I buy one of those CPS 4100s off you? I am interested in a new repair I have done only once before - trigger valve replacement. Not too many people know about this modification and I would like to perform it on a cylindrical PC setup. Let me know if you're interested in that offer. :cool:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:02 pm

I forgot about that, they really don't use Max-D, the triggers just have poor design [you can tell when you examine one up close]. If you 4100s are Mark II, they use these weak triggers, and they should be expected to break. What you should do is get some glue and metal strips, and get them back in working order using an article on trigger repairs, which I am pretty sure is on SSC.

@Doom: The first time I thought of trigger valve replacement was when my 4100 valve broke. It is actually easier to preform on a 4100 than a 2100 because the rubber neck of the bladder is long, making it easy to secure the connection between pc and PVC.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Hannibal wrote:So, in June of last year I bought 4 CPS 4100's, three of which broke due to the Max-D trigger. I called up Hasbro and they sent me a Nerf-N-strike unity power system blaster (or whatever).

I since then called them complaining that I had recieved a Nerf gun, which is not a Super Soaker, I have no use for a Nerf gun, and that I had only recieved $40 worth of goods, when the total value of the goods broken (3 CPS 4100's) was $90. They, however, claimed that the Nerf gun was retail $50 (the site itself says right now it's $40), and that the retail value of the 4100's was $20 apiece. That's not true, everyone knows that it's $30, and I still should have recieved $20 more if it was. They the said they would send me some coupons for my "inconvience."

The coupons, after a month, never arrived. So, today I just called for a THIRD time to complain about never recieving the coupons, and about my being ripped off $50 (really $90, because the nerf gun is useless to me). He misheard he when I said 3 4100's, and thought I said 3 2100's. Anyway, he said the 2100's were worth $25 a piece! When I corrected him that they were 4100's, he said they had no Super Soakers. When I told him that the 2006 soakers had appeared, and that I know some people who have them, he paused (like he was hiding something, especially when I mentioned the Overload). Then he finally said weakly, "No Super Soakers" and hung up.

What should I do? I want my $90 of Super Soakers and I have yet to recieve them, nor do I think I ever will. :(
Did he really react like that when you mentioned overload? If so then they're definetly hiding something. I also agree with isoaker that refunds should be delt with in the store, that's what I did when my 4100's broke.

:soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:38 am

Hasbro isn't "hiding" anything. They simply aren't very inclined to believe someone claiming to have three of the same broken blaster and asking for replacements. That isn't what you can expect from Hasbro, it's what you can expect from most every company. I also don't think that the CPS 4100 is still being manufactured.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:54 am

isoaker_com wrote:Hasbro does not sell things directly to consumers

I may be missing something, but I am under the impression that although they did not do so in the past, they now do sell directly to consumers through their Hasbro Toy Shop.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:43 pm

I may be missing something, but I am under the impression that although they did not do so in the past, they now do sell directly to consumers through their Hasbro Toy Shop.

That is new. :goofy:
However, while they may now be apparently sell online, I still stand by the belief that one should deal with where you purchased the product from for replacement. If Hannibal bought it from the Hasbro Toy Shop (or some other method direct from Hasbro), then he should be contacting Hasbro. Otherwise, it would make more sense to contact the store where the merchandise was bought. One doesn't buy a soaker from Walmart and try to get an exchange or refund done at Kmart or Sports Authority.

Mr. Budgie

Post by Mr. Budgie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:25 pm

I work customer service at a major retail cooperative in my region (ShopRite) (Northeast)

When we recieve a damaged product, or a product that was no good it is sent back to the vendor/manufacturer and we recieve credit for the item.

However some customers do directly try to contact the manufacturer and their problems are usually bribed away with some coupons.

I would go to Toys R Us or wherever you bought it and try to recieve credit or get an exchange. Most retail stores are more then happy to give credit or exchanges to merchandise they carry/carried even without a register reciept. The retailer will almost always do this because they will still recieve credit on the item, so they could care less about a reciept, and theoretically where the item was purchased as long as they too carry the item. :wacko:
Mr. Budgie....
Aquatica Administration
HyrdoSphre Founder
WaterWar.net Admin
iSoaker Forums Mod
AQUA-ZONE WEBMASTER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Being bribed away is one thing, but what is required by law in the US when it comes to returns/refunding/replacement of a product? I'd assume it would depend on the product and how it ended up damaged and whether the damage inccured is the result of wreckless use or due to manufacturing problems.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:27 pm

Without receit, its usaly store credit that will be given for broken toys. Which means that one can kiss the CPS 4100 replacements goodbye since they are no longer in store. $90 would make some good video games, but when it comes to soakers, its a bad deal unless someone wants to get 4 Tripple Agressor re-issues.

As for the Hasbro Online Toy store, why are the larger Nerf and LaserTag blasters so much better looking? Its sad if the TAG MASTER BLASTER design would have made a cooler design than whatever SS sees this year as their heavyweight. Shame on you Super Soaker department. Perhaps after all these years its not Hasbro who sucks, but only the Super Soaker devision.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1140309419

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 pm

My freind has a CPS 4100 that he bought last summer and he has not used it yet. Luckily he has not used it yet this year so it has not had the chance to break yet. I guess I better warn him to be careful pumping it before it does break. 3 of his guns have broken already the Triple Shot,Hydro Blade, and the Flash Flood. He gave the Hydroblade and the Flash Flood to me because they were broken and I am going to return them. As for the Triple Shot he is going to put soapy water into the tank to try to kill mold and mildew if there is any down there.

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:21 pm

im just curious... how did the hydroblade break? cause I have want and I want a heads up so that i know what to do/not do so i dont break mine in the future :rock:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:28 pm

The HydroBlade was broken when he got it. It only dripped out tiny drops of water barely going anywhere. I tried to open it but I ended up breaking the HydroBlade button, so I decided that it was'nt worth the trouble to fix it and that it was not the best gun in the world so i'm going to sell it for money to put foward to a better gun like a Monster X.:) So some advice is that if your HydroBlade breaks don't go into it becase it isn't worth the trouble fixing the HydroBlade button if it does gets screwed up.

Edited By Soaker Master on 1141691497

Croc

Post by Croc » Tue May 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Soaker Master wrote:So some advice is that if your HydroBlade breaks don't go into it becase it isn't worth the trouble fixing the HydroBlade button if it does gets screwed up.
What happens if when it breaks, I decide to mod it, as it cant get any more broken than it already is, and it gets working again (i.e. you CVF it or something, a Max-P mod as some people call it)
You could severely increase range and other things, like how much it stings, etc., after it is broken

Striker

Post by Striker » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:37 am

You lucky female puppy! I called Hasbro and they wont even respond to me, saying my blasters are outside warranty.