The overly suspicious eBay buyer

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Nitro123PG

The overly suspicious eBay buyer

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello water warfare community. I am, thanks to my bad experience with the CPS 1000, I am always suspicious. Probably too suspicious. Today I spotted a cheap CPS 1200 on eBay. It had no bids and only 2 days left, WOW! I hit the jackpot. I asked the seller if it leaked, because, as usual, they didn't give any good info on the page. They said they "had no problems with it leaking." Now, I relize it PROBABLY doesn't leak, but do you think there is a possibility that it leaks, and the seller has no problem with it? Strange, eh?

martianshark

Re: The overly suspicious eBay buyer

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Ask him if it doesn't leak again.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:38 pm

You'll have to make the judgement yourself. Weigh the factors such as price and how probable you think the leak is. Then decide if its worth getting and patching up the leak if it's there.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm

DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:13 pm

There is a reason why the few guns (or other things) I have gotten from E-bay I have made sure had a return policy or buyer protection at least. This way, if it isn't what they say it is, you can return it. Had to do this with a RAM expansion pack for my N64, I thought it was a Nintendo one, but it was one of the 3rd party ones that every site I checked said would break your N64!

If it is really cheap though, I'd say take a chance, even without a return policy, there is little risk if it doesn't cost much.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"