Mini Flash Flood?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Mini Flash Flood?

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I was browsing though E-Bay and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Larami-Super-So ... 336efda5d2

It says Super Soaker on it but I have never seen it before. Is it a bootleg? Even if it is real, I doubt it would be much use to any of us, but still cool if you like to collect that sort of thing.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Re: Mini Flash Flood?

Post by DX » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

It's most likely a knock-off. It does have "super soaker" on it, but you can tell the construction is low quality just by the sheen of the plastic and the style of the piston trigger mech. The mini keychain and pen soakers have pretty good plastic in them, it's firm and surprisingly thick. The pen soaker I used to own even had a metal bar for the piston instead of plastic. This one doesn't look any different than normal dollar store stuff in terms of the components (ignoring the shape). I wouldn't go for it without something that proves its legitimacy, such as the original packaging.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I wasn't planing on buying it, it was just funny, that is really why I posted it. I have both the Monster SS pen and key chain so I know they are quality, but I'm not to good at telling that when I can't hold it.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 pm

I love my Monster X pen!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Yep, it is pretty cool, I've got to review it sometime, isoaker is afraid to open his. I wish I had known it's value 3 years ago, they had 5 or 6 at the local toy store for like $4 each as well as Monster X key chains for about the same price.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Is it even possible to grip that thing without mangling your fingers and twisting them broken?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Speaking of keychain soakers, this http://www.ebay.com/itm/super-soaker-/1 ... 2c62c8336c is one the most awesome of them all, imo. There is another really awesome type up as well, but I won't post it since it's currently going for a very nice price.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 am

Bet it's a 2k…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple