CPS 2100 NIB

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Impending Flood

CPS 2100 NIB

Post by Impending Flood » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 pm

A CPS 2100 NIB can be found here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Larami-Super ... _645wt_952

It also appears to be a mk 1.

P.S. Can anyone tell a noob (me) how to hyperlink words to websites?
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

atvan

Re: CPS 2100 NIB

Post by atvan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Too pricy.

In the standard url tags, you have [ url = *actual url* /] minus the spaces and asterisk and crap. To get text, do [url = *actual url* ]your text here[/ url]. You get this.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm

That's actually not a bad price for a NIB CPS 2100. I would only pay $40 max, but it's not bad.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Price ain't bad, but the apparent shipping cost to Australia in that link is pretty brutal. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm thinking GJIV might like it, but yea, it is beyond my budget and the shipping isn't cheap either.
atvan wrote:In the standard url tags, you have [ url = *actual url* /] minus the spaces and asterisk and crap. To get text, do [url = *actual url* ]your text here[/ url]. You get this.
Thanks. :)
Last edited by Impending Flood on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Not MK1. Look closely at the reservoir back. There is a raised, unbroken ridge. MK1 ridge appears sanded down, barely pops out. MK3 from the side looks like MK2, but the breaks between the rectangles are evident even from a side angle. Additionally, note the placement of a screw on the trigger guard. MK1 lacks this position, MK3 as far as I know lacks it. Sticker position could be any of the three. When in doubt and when you only have a picture to go by, use the reservoir backs. It's MK2. Fair market price for a NIB 2100, but I wouldn't go for it because of mark.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:56 am

DX wrote:Not MK1. Look closely at the reservoir back. There is a raised, unbroken ridge. MK1 ridge appears sanded down, barely pops out. MK3 from the side looks like MK2, but the breaks between the rectangles are evident even from a side angle. Additionally, note the placement of a screw on the trigger guard. MK1 lacks this position, MK3 as far as I know lacks it. Sticker position could be any of the three. When in doubt and when you only have a picture to go by, use the reservoir backs. It's MK2. Fair market price for a NIB 2100, but I wouldn't go for it because of mark.
Hmmm. It doesn't seem to be MK2 because the ridges on the reservoir cap look too closely spaced. Perhaps a MK4?
martianshark wrote:That's actually not a bad price for a NIB CPS 2100. I would only pay $40 max, but it's not bad.
Hmmm I would pay up to $45 max (given reasonable shipping which is very unlikely) for a used CPS 2100 or similar mainly because I never see them go for less than 30 without having $60+ shipping. On a side note, what would you say to be the chances of a store like target or kmart having older stock such as '09 stuff (vindicators) in the back?
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 am

There isn't an MK4. And if the ridges are too closely spaced, then there aren't ridges, just one ridge. MK3 ridges are clearly defined with clear spacing. MK1 doesn't have a true ridge. An unbroken ridge is an MK2.

At this point of the year, when stores are switching to Halloween and Fall inventory, very low. You need to find a store that still has summer items on clearance, just to have a chance.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm

To point something out, I got my 2100 (mk. 2) for $26 +$15 shipping. That is quite reasonable.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:50 am

DX wrote:There isn't an MK4. And if the ridges are too closely spaced, then there aren't ridges, just one ridge. MK3 ridges are clearly defined with clear spacing. MK1 doesn't have a true ridge. An unbroken ridge is an MK2.

At this point of the year, when stores are switching to Halloween and Fall inventory, very low. You need to find a store that still has summer items on clearance, just to have a chance.
According to SSC, there is a MK4 which has the characteristics of other marks. Not too sure if there is one though.

EDIT: Sorry I was mistaken about something. It has now been deleted.
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:22 pm

There was an MK4 possibility posted at SSC. I wrote the information that led to it, but I was wrong - what seemed to have attributes of multiple marks was just variation that all marks potentially display - sticker position, screw position, those things. The only constants in 2100 marks are the presence/absence of glued pump caps, whether the nozzle cover is real or fake, size of the rubber bladder, and reservoir back design. Those toe the line reliably.