Celebration!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
atvan

Celebration!

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Just won a CPS 2100 on eBay! I'm hyper and happy now! Woohoo! $26 during the summer is a great deal. There was another bidder, but he didn't go over $25. I'm literally jumping up and down!
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Celebration!

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:50 pm

I was just browsing eBay earlier and saw it! Congrats.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Congratulations! :soakon2:

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Gonna surprise my brother with it before he knows I have it. :cps1000: :soaked:

Me want CPS 2100 smilie.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 am

hehehe

nice thing :D

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 am

Now I have two of the CPS line. Of course, there is still some work to do on my 2700. I need to buy a half inch coupler, and glue an extender onto the nozzle area. What dose the membership recomend for a glue between PVC and the soaker plastic(ABS?)? It will be in the nozzle area, past the firing valve, holding on a laminator/nozzles.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

JB Weld works like a charm in any situation, you just have to patient and allow it to cure for a full 24 hours. It also is a good idea to sand the area before applying the weld to improve adhesion.

Are you thinking of performing any modifications on the CPS 2100? I love the 2100 for K-Mods, it's a very sturdy platform for experimentation.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 am

I was thinking about a k-mod. Depends on what mark it is. If it is one with a strong PRV, will consider a light k-mod. I dont want to disable the PRV. It is there for a reason.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 am

Just keep in mind that performing a K-Mod without a PRV removal will reduce the number of pumps required to activate the PRV (ie "maximum pressure"), but will not increase the power and will result in reduced shot time. Still, the K-Mod is a useful modification to become familiar with, and easily reversible is you mess up.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am

Since this is CPS, shouldn't the PRV activate iniatially or not activate until the PC pushes against its case? I kow that the pressure is not entirely constant, but it seems like a 15-20 balloon k-mod that doesn't activate the PRV initially would not activate it until the PC is full. Also, with a light k-mod, the amount of voume lost is minimal. And hey, you get more shots per tank that way.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:02 pm

^I'm a little confused by your post, but here's how the PRV works:

The PRV is designed to activate at a set pressure. Of course, this pressure varies from one gun to another and even between different individuals of the same model type. However, as a general rule, the PRV should activate before the bladder expands to fill the PC housing. In a rubber pressure chamber, the pressure is caused by elastic tension, not by the physical push of the plastic case on the rubber walls. If a PRV fails to activate (or is removed), the bladder will continue to expand until it fills the entirety of the PC housing, at which point you will not be able to pump any more (remember, you cannot compress water with a standard manual pump).

In reality (and this is coming from someone who has k-modded a TON of guns, especially 2100s), the bladder will be forced off of the trigger valve assembly before it fills the entirety of the PC housing. It is not uncommon for the trigger valve, pump shaft, or other plastic component to break before this critical point is reached. The more balloons you add, the faster the pressure will rise with each pump.

Because the PRV will always activate at the same pressure, a K-Mod without a PRV removal will result in the blaster reaching that critical pressure faster. Because pump volume is constant, less pumps to reach the critical pressure means a smaller volume of water in the PC. Smaller volume = dramatically decreased shot time. It is also a little disappointing when you pump it up to fire for the first time after the modification and realize that your power is the same but the duration of your shot is shorter!

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I know how it works. If you put a light k-mod on, the pump will fill the PC completely, and not set off the PRV until it is completly full. CPS is constant (sort of) pressure, so if the pressure relief valve does not activate at the very beginning of pumping it will not activate until e PC is full because of the constant pressure.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Yes, CPS is relatively constant pressure once the bladder is filled. So whatever pressure the PRV activates at on a stock CPS 2100, you can expect an even earlier activation on a k-modded CPS 2100.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

If I k-mod it, and it works, that might help to explain it. If I don't mod it, then this would be a useless argument.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:39 pm

My particular 2100's PRV is VERY sensitive, and anything more than 5 balloons will cause it to trigger very prematurely, at around 3-5 pumps or so. It may just be worn out, or it may be a problem common to all MK II's, which is the one I have. (Glued pump cap and nozzle cap.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Good to know.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:19 am

There is a point where you will have the bladder hit the PC walls before so much pressure builds that it would wreck the trigger valve or other pieces. My 95 balloon 21K could be pumped 11 times. On the 11th, it hit the walls and refused to go further. But, that was awesome because it couldn't be pumped to the point of the blocked PRV blowing. The trigger valve eventually broke because it was used so heavily at such high power, but that was a durability problem and not a specific over pressurization one. At the more common levels for heavy K-mods, like 70-80, it will not hit the walls. You can pump until one of the valves goes boom, usually whatever you used to cover the PRV hole. My 80 balloon 21K could handle 13 pumps. Pump number 14 busted it. I never managed to pump to the walls. 72 balloon and 105 balloon K's were not tested for max pumps allowed. I would assume that 72 would act a lot like 80, maybe with 1 or 2 more pumps allowed, and 105 would act like 95, but maybe you hit the walls at 9 or 10 pumps instead of 11.

MK2 2100s always have low HPL until someone proves otherwise. So far, 0-20 balloons has been the reported limit. Duds cannot handle any balloons. MK3s have moderate HPL, you could put maybe 20-30 on them. MK1 HPL is unknown (MK1 is insanely rare for unknown reasons).

When I was experimenting with light K-mods on the last page of this topic, I found a sweet spot with the balloon counts. Too few and you don't get enough power, but too many and you can't use all the power. This was only verified on 1200s, but I would assume it would extend to all spherical PC guns.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 pm

I think that the biggest problem with determining the "magic" number of balloons/pumps for a specific gun is the extreme level of variation even within the same gun. PRVs operate within a range of pressures (albeit narrow), and are very sensitive to a variety of variables, water speed, physical forces from the outside the valve, gravity (how the gun is oriented), temperature, etc.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 pm

It arrived! I think. It is adressed to my mom, because it is her eBay account(don't worry, I'm paying), and she is not home yet. She should be home in 30-45 min.

Edit:

It COLD!

I tested it out, and all I could think was WOW! It was smaller than, and preformed better than, I expected.

After a few test shots, my brother decided to attack woth his Bottle Blitz. Bad idea. Just lifting the gun to him forced him to surrender, opting for a short burst execution.

We then went on Operation STB(Save The Bunnies). The objective: soak the cat who hunts baby rabbits. We flanked the cat, forcing her to retreat. We pulled back, tossing back our Ultimate Frisbee to dull suspicion.

I Gave in to my brother's request to execute me with a full PC shot. I pressurized it, emptied the reservoir, gave the gun to my brother, kneeled, and waited.

Whoosh! Whack! It COLD! He thourouhly soaked me. Those 3 seconds seem to last a lot longer in those situations. With the initiation over, the gun was officially mine, for you must feel its power to weild it.

I changed into dry clothes, while my bro finished the operation without his support gunner.
Beware the Purple

parrhasius

Post by parrhasius » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:18 pm

atvan wrote:
After a few test shots, my brother decided to attack woth his Bottle Blitz. Bad idea. Just lifting the gun to him forced him to surrender, opting for a short burst execution.
Haha sounds like you got your brother good! haha He stands no chance with that gun lol.

:blazer: