The CPS 2000

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Genken

Post by Genken » Tue May 16, 2006 11:12 pm

Hello, I just registered on this board after reading up on Super Soakers a little bit more.

I have not been an active er.. Squirt Gun enthusiast, ever really. I used to play with them alot when I was little, and I still am trying to have squirtgun fights now a days. I am currently 19 years old.

When I was about ten or so the CPS 2000 just came out, and I thought it was pretty cool so I picked one up and so did my brother. We would occasionally use them, but eventually they just started collecting dust.

I am now regaining interest in squirtgun fights, and randomly decided to google those guns, to which I find out there hasn't been a gun able to touch it's power since it came out in 96.

So now I currently have 2 CPS 2000's of the "Mark I" model (based on the very long pressure gauge) in perfect working condition, and I was just wondering, what is the realistic rarity of these guns, and what is their value typically rated at? Thanks a bunch!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue May 16, 2006 11:34 pm

During the summer season you can get around $200 US on ebay average on a CPS 2000(regardless of the Mk.) If you list it correctly. Just to be sure, just put the reserve on what you want at the least. Of season those sell $50-$120 tops when correctly listed.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 17, 2006 1:33 pm

I'd have to agree pretty much on what ZOCCOZ said. So long as it's in good, working condition, the CPS2000 has almost legendary status in the world of water warfare (well, for stock soakers, anyhow).

Their value is particularly high as not only is it a rather potent water blaster, but also recent stock soakers at best deliver 1/4 or less the power of a CPS2000's stream.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 pm

Rarity is relatively high, but they come up fairly often on eBay. Realistically, there are some other Super Soaker items (the Super Soaker 10, the Super Soaker 20, the Super Soaker 25, etc) that are seen even less often. Their value, however, isn't anywhere near as high, since the demand isn't really there for them.

So all that to say, your CPS 2000s should fetch a pretty penny... :)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed May 17, 2006 5:06 pm

You should be able to get $250 to $300 for each, if you list them well. That means puting a picture out in front so everyone can see it when just scrolling down the page, making the title of the auction a good one (i.e. "Super Soaker CPS 2000 Mk.1", with 'the most powerful water gun ever made' the subtitle), and depends on the soakers being in good condition and having the original stickers, ect.

Edited By Hannibal on 1147903687
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."