Soaker Shopping 2006 - Where, what, and how much?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:53 pm

Use this thread for making notes of where you've found soakers for sale. Include items, prices, and location (well, at least province or state if in Canada or the US) if possible. No need to state location if listing an online store. (Note: for minors or those uncomfortable listing location, it is definitely not needed; just preferred to help others with their shopping. :cool:)

-----------------------------------------------

So far, no soakers seen on shelves in my area (Ontario, Canada).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:10 pm

I may check some stores around here, but finding soakers would be laughable, with temperatures still not getting anywhere near cracking the freezing mark. I don't imagine they would sell well, given the weather, and in this part of the country, most seasonal products are sold by conditions rather than fixed dates. I don't expect soakers for at least another 2 weeks at the earliest, a month is more reasonable.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:39 pm

I know a couple. Here's one Defender-10$-Wal-Mart-North Augusta US South Carolina. Max Infusion Flash Flood-20$-Wal-Mart- North Augusta US South Carolina.Max Infusion Overload-30$-Wal-Mart- North Augusta US South Carolina. There was also a Max Infusion Artic Shock and Helix there for whatever the price was for them last year. There is also all those soakers in a Wal-Mart in Aiken South Carolina. I'm pretty sure that there are alot more soakers in my area in different stores. :soakon2:

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:35 pm

Luray VA walmart has Max I FFs Arctic shocks and helixs. I was in Richmond a few days ago and saw an overload and the blue mt tiki soki.
AXE BOMB!!!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:41 pm

I want a mount tiki soaker! jk, it looks so wierd. Is it competition for the soggy doggy sprinkler from Buzz Bee Toys? ??? :laugh:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:03 pm

I don't think that water sprinklers compete against each other but,if they did I think that it would probably be competition. Why can't people just go on ebay and by soakers.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:09 pm

That would e an interesting battle. Two little kids, holding sprinklers attatched to hoses shooting the crap outta each other. :laugh:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Firefly twinpack (in white and pastel green and blue, $15 at walmart (Ontario Canada).

Saw a bunch of soakers at toys r us a couple weeks ago. I don't remember names or prices, but there was nothing new.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:18 pm

cooldood31 wrote:Saw a bunch of soakers at toys r us a couple weeks ago.
You saw a bunch of soakers at Toys'R'Us in Ontario, Canada? The one I passed by on the weekend had no soakers at all.. heck, they didn't even seem to have any 'summer' stuff out. A Zellers store I went to had more summer items out, but only things like plastic pails and beach balls. No soakers, either, but I assume sometime soon things will be changing.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:47 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
cooldood31 wrote:Saw a bunch of soakers at toys r us a couple weeks ago.

You saw a bunch of soakers at Toys'R'Us in Ontario, Canada? The one I passed by on the weekend had no soakers at all.. heck, they didn't even seem to have any 'summer' stuff out. A Zellers store I went to had more summer items out, but only things like plastic pails and beach balls. No soakers, either, but I assume sometime soon things will be changing.

From what I got from Toys Rn't Us when I called them, they aren't stocking any good BB guns this year, only the firefly and black widow (can't remeber if it was black widow, stinger, or what). So don't go to TRU if you'e looking for BB guns.

Who knows what Super Soakers TRU will have this year, but I can't seem to find any worthwhile 2006 Super Soakers. A Hydra Pak for $20 or an Overload for $30, there's a clear choice, and it isn't the Overload. :goofy: BB seems to be delivering more product for less this year.

And WHERE can I find the Blazer? There are no Kmarts in my area, as they all sold out to Kohls. Would Walmart have them? I assume I would be able to find Hydra Paks at Walmart, right?

Edited By Hannibal on 1141249715
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:11 pm

In my areas the soakers should be coming out in every store very soon now that it is March and the tempatures are in the seventys and others in the high sixtys.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:59 pm

I saw a Xenon at TRU, along with several smaller blasters. I've never seen a Blazer, but that may be because I boycott stores like Mal-Mark, K-Mart, etc.

Edited By m15399 on 1141253966

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 pm

m15399 wrote:I saw a Xenon at TRU, along with several smaller blasters. I've never seen a Blazer, but that may be because I boycott stores like Mal-Mark, K-Mart, etc.
What's wrong with Wal-mart? Wal-mart link

"It does more to help poor people financially than the Salvation Army; it is generally good for the environment; and, according to some studies, it increases overall employment almost everywhere it goes."

Is something wrong with that? Or are you trying to make a political statment, more that have a real reason?

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:49 pm

They pay women less and don't provide health care. ??? I hate them too. I will, however, buy old soakers there if they happen to be cleaning out the back room and stumble upon some.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 pm

Why should a company provide health care if it doesn't want to? Why not give the money that a beauracracy can only spend poorly back to the workers to use to buy health care of their own?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:59 pm

Last time I checked, people working at Wal-Mark weren't exactly making good money. So yeah , why don't they give the money to the workers to buy their own health care that would have gone towards health care in the first place?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:07 pm

The extra money would probably not be used for private health care. Since many Wal-Mart workers are poor, often immigrants, the money would most likely go towards the rent or towards food. It could work, but I sincerely doubt it. An opinion is an opinion. And we should be getting back to places to buy the soakers instead of what's bad about those places to buy.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 pm

From what I read up on healthcare from different sorces and countries, the best would be a combination of choice, privat sector and goverment. People who can afford healthcare with no problem should be able to choose how to spend that cash on what health care method. People who live in poverty however rely on goverment/company health care. According to statistics, people in poverty attract more bills and late fee charges percent whise, that middle to upercalss section don't have to encounter that often. Poor people often would have no choice to spend extra money for bills rather than health care, which is sad since poor people get sick faster and more likely(living condition,nutrition...). People in need have to be helped, its basicaly the civillised thing to do. If Walmart would employ only executives who can financialy look out for themselves, then health care might not be needed, but this is not the case with Walmart empoyes who very often can't make ends meet. But then again, Walmart's track record on third world child slave labor would suggest that they like to take advantage of the poor and desperate. Then again, am I much better than wallmart by still buying there? Yes i am...but not by much.
Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Back to topic. No new soakers in my local Wallmart. Just alot of leftover X-Streams and Buz Bee Nerf from last year. I would have to wait till April or May till I see something new.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:55 pm

liberals and environmentalists

Wow, you just described me in two words.

I could name a number of reasons, the good ones of which have been said.
they like to take advantage of the poor and desperate.

That basically sums it up.

One thing that bugged me was at easter a few years ago, they began selling those plastic easter eggs with little army men inside. Yet another plot by the U.S. to make the army seem "cool". Also, the elusion of lower prices is created by the fact that all products are produced in third world countries in very harsh conditions as ZOCCOZ said.

I could go on for hours, but I don't want to preach to you, and we're off topic.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:32 am

Hey, let's continue this via PM's.

Walmart says they wil get new soakers in March.

What soakers does Target usually have?

"snap!"