CPS w/1" diameter pump

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
CDMT

CPS w/1" diameter pump

Post by CDMT » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:24 pm

After experimenting with a temporary CPS attachment to my first APH homemade it quickly confirmed my belief that my first APH homemade was inefficient and that the Stream Machine pump with its thin walls would one day possibly snap under mechanical strain. So to increase pumping efficiency and its strength while keeping the pump drive rod captive I switched to a 1" pump. When I was in Seward, Alaska I had towed my kayak behind my bicycle using golf caddy wheels attatched to a pvc axle reinforced with an all thread rod. While the caddy wheels eventually kept losing their tires due to rough terrain the axle was sound. So I decided to use that idea by utilizing a 5/16 bolt attached to a 5/16 all thread rod inside a 1 foot threaded 1/2" pvc to act as the guide rod. Using the smaller configuration definitely saves me time in pumping and makes it much more mobile.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS w/1" diameter pump

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Nice build! 1" is still pretty large for a pump, but it's an advantage considering how low pressure most CPH bladders are.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 am

After installing the second bladder on my soaker it was markedly more powerful. I should have placed pvc tubing over it to prevent bursting. But I didn't and within the the week it burst. So in the interim I have installed my previous guns pressure chamber. I also installed a better nozzle, pressure gauge, and a ball valve to see if I can get a lot more range than if my trigger system is installed. With pressure gauge installed I have been able to get the gun up to 100 psi without too much trouble using my 1" pump.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:30 am

Well done! It's a fustercluck trying to get all the different little bits of CPVC adaptors together, but in the end you have a formidable beast.

Yeah, you kind of need a 3/4" piece of PVC pipe to contain the LRT. This forces the rubber to expand lengthwise and *should* give it a much longer lifespan.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.