Quick firing APH ie no slow ball valve

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
CDMT

Quick firing APH ie no slow ball valve

Post by CDMT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 pm

This APH I am working on has a functional quick-fire trigger. I will be connecting it to a bicycle brake handle attached to a handle below the stream machine. This will allow me to be able to pump and fire at the same time. I have surrounded it by other large water cannon to show the relative size of this beast. I have used a stream machine as a pump due to its excellent handle and ease of replacement. Also who else loves the irony of a stream machine slaved to a Super Soaker?
Last edited by CDMT on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Quick firing APH ie no slow ball valve

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 pm

^Now that's how you introduce yourself. Welcome to WWN.

I would have gone for a more comfortable reservoir... but hey it'll get the job done. Also, let me be the first to invite you to Frozen Fury, the weekend of November 29th in Connecticut.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:29 pm

CDMT wrote:

I have used a stream machine as a pump

My God.... I envisioned that 2 years ago... :oo:
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 pm

How does it work? Seems like a neat firing mechanism. You pull the soap pump inwards, and water comes out the quick-connect right?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes the Purell dispenser pushes the check valve and the water comes out the quick connect. The picture and diagram I drew above show the interior mechanism. I had to rotate the picture because it kept getting cut off.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:09 pm

It took me a bit of time to figure it out from your diagram, but basically you are using a backwards inserted check valve as a pull valve (well push actually) that is ingenious.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Wow. I like this guy, he posts good pictures and diagrams and everything!

So I have two questions. At the top of your diagram (as pictured) your o ring is floating (I edited to show this) and also there is this spring portion that I don't see the purpose of. Does the rod slide through the disc? The pressure should be enough to force the disc against the o ring, making a pressure seal. Is the spring just an original part of the soap pump?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:03 am

Well the gold colored piece at the top is the brass check valve. The rod you asked about is attached to the disc which the o-ring is attached to. The rod is a guide rod strung in between two posts with a hole in each on either side of the check valve to guide the o - ring back into place. The reason that the o ring is floating is because the soap pump is depressed in the diagram which has opened the check valve by pushing on it's guide rod. The reason that I put the soap dispenser spring back in is because the brass check valve's spring isn't strong enough to close the o ring and force the soap pump back quickly after depressing. Also the soap pump is is much cheaper to replace than the brass check valve in the future.