Water Nuke?

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Russ3407

Water Nuke?

Post by Russ3407 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Has anyone here ever made / attempted to make a "Water Nuke"? You know, a stationary device that launches 30 or so gallons over 60 or so feet in 2-4 seconds, fired by remote?

I'm thinking about making one but don't want to risk $200+ on something that may or may not work, especially when i'm not even sure how to build such a thing.

Thanks,
Russ

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Nuke?

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 pm

That, and playing in an area that's subject to flooding via tides, a dam, etc. are as close as you'll get to an actual water nuke.

As for what you're describing, yes, it's possible. No, no one has actually bothered, that I'm aware of. Theoretically, anything is possible, such as playing under a large water tower that dunks the whole area, or using a giant metal container running lots of pressure with spinning nozzles.

No one's ever found it worth the money nor hassle to try that out though, and there's no real gameplay fun to such a device. (Other than as a 1-time gag.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Russ3407

Post by Russ3407 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:53 pm

This is one like i'm talking about, but this guy wants you to pay for plans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kSpR3BewVA I really dont want to spend money on those because i think my idea is just what he'll tell me. And since this site is mostly open source i figured if someone here has made one they'd be willing to tell me how it works.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 pm

It doesn't look to complicated,

It looks to me like he has an air compressor under the tarp, the tank is an old water heater with a vertical tube in the top running down to within 1" of the bottom controlled by a large sprinkler valve at the top operated by a wireless remote.

never pay plans when you can figure something out yourself.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Russ3407

Post by Russ3407 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 am

the oncoming storm wrote:It doesn't look to complicated,

It looks to me like he has an air compressor under the tarp, the tank is an old water heater with a vertical tube in the top running down to within 1" of the bottom controlled by a large sprinkler valve at the top operated by a wireless remote.

never pay plans when you can figure something out yourself.
Yeah, i figured that's what he did, i just wanted a second opinion.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:37 am

Welcome to the board Rush. It's good to see another member from NC. I'm from Clayton, outside of Raleigh. I would honestly look into using drones or those hobby copters. I have a friend at NC State who is really into those things and we have talked about using them in water wars before. You'd need a really big one, and even then it still wouldn't be a nuke, but you'd be able to do some serious damage.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.