APH alternative

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
kronos90

APH alternative

Post by kronos90 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Hello, I'm here again to ask you something about aph.
Last year I tried to assembly unsuccesfully the APH by Ben (from super soaker central) with european components.
Now I want to know if there is anything similar, maybe more powerful and easier to build, to APH.
Thank you

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: APH alternative

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:54 pm

A SCH (Super Charger Homemade) is about as easy to build as homemades get, but it isn't the greatest in battle 'cause you only get one full shot, or maybe a couple quick shots if you're fast enough with the valve. Here's one I built like four years ago (wow). It's quite a bit different than an APH, but it'll match a standard one in power. Though if you couldn't find parts for an APH in Europe than you might not have any better luck with a SCH.

But aside from that, I don't know of any conventional (pressurized by pump) homemade off the top of my head that's easier to build than an APH.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Can you specify an objective or motivation for building? Is it just for fun? For power/show/shooting? For soakfests? Or for intensive hit-based water warfare?

Some pictures/info of said APH would allow us to assist in identifying what might have went wrong.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Cyrioz

Post by Cyrioz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:54 am

Hi Kronos
I'm from Europe too, from Switzerland to be specific.
I successfully built my own APH, I plan to upload the details later in a seperate post. The hardest thing was to get the PVC parts, but I found an online shop from Germany that had everything in their assortment.

Can you describe what your problems were? Maybe I can help you.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:23 am

If all you want is raw soaking power and a simple design than I would go with an APWC (Air Pressure Water Cannon). Basiclly it is a large PC with a 1" or larger ball valve on it and a bike tire valve to pressurize from.

Duxbuarin has an old one that hits 70' and can dump a full tank (about a gallon I think) in under a second
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

kronos90

Post by kronos90 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:40 am

SEAL wrote:A SCH (Super Charger Homemade) ...Here's one I built like four years ago (wow).[/url] It's quite a bit different than an APH, but it'll match a standard one in power
Can you tell me how to build it?
CA99 wrote:Can you specify an objective or motivation for building? Is it just for fun? For power/show/shooting? For soakfests? Or for intensive hit-based water warfare?
I'm building it just for fun!
the oncoming storm wrote:If all you want is raw soaking power and a simple design than I would go with an APWC (Air Pressure Water Cannon). Basiclly it is a large PC with a 1" or larger ball valve on it and a bike tire valve to pressurize from.

Duxbuarin has an old one that hits 70' and can dump a full tank (about a gallon I think) in under a second
Can you give me more info about that?
Cyrioz wrote:Hi Kronos
I'm from Europe too, from Switzerland to be specific.
I successfully built my own APH, I plan to upload the details later in a seperate post. The hardest thing was to get the PVC parts, but I found an online shop from Germany that had everything in their assortment.

Can you describe what your problems were? Maybe I can help you.
I couldn't find PVC parts, I tried to make a copper aph but it started to be difficult to assemble and too expensive for me. Also every part was really heavy.
Can you tell me about the online shop? I'll wait for your separate post

Thank you

Cyrioz

Post by Cyrioz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Here's my APH (European Version). Please tell me if you need to know anything else.
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic6603.html