APH build

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
darthmeow

APH build

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 am

I actually finished this more than a year ago, but I have since added a second PC, and a new pump.
The first PC is angled so it can be used as a shoulder stock. The pump is an aqua-zooka (knockoff stream machine) and while it leaks, it only takes 10 pumps to hit full pressure. Everything ahead of the first PC is modular, so I can remove the second PC if needed. It does not work good if using a normal nozzle, it sort of sputters. I have tried pre-pumping air, firing air out, and it just refuses to work. The riot blast is much better.
With no nozzle:

With a small piece of 1/2 in PVC as a nozzle (range decreases but lamination is good):

Nemesis

Re: APH build

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Thats an interesting idea using an aqua zooka for the pump. Is it any good in battle?
"The world is yours" - Nas

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Its fine in soakfests for completely drenching someone, since it does not take long to re-pump.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

That's pretty epic. Have you ever tried it with a laminator? Do you have a backpack for it?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:01 pm

marauder wrote:That's pretty epic. Have you ever tried it with a laminator? Do you have a backpack for it?
I have a 5 gallon solar shower backpack. I have tried the 5mm hose nozzle, and it still sputters. What is a laminator? Is it the long nozzle piece after the trigger valve on CPSes?

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:48 am

Sounds like a pretty sweet setup! Especially with both PC's fully pressurised in 10 seconds!
darthmeow wrote:What is a laminator? Is it the long nozzle piece after the trigger valve on CPSes?
Kinda. The laminator is basically what's inside that. The laminator is a length of pipe, with of straws/fins and/or mesh, to reduce turbulence and straighten the flow of the water, preventing the stream from breaking up at less range.

You can make one like this, and you can thread it straight onto the end of your ball valve.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Awesome, thanks for the link. I might try that, but what would fix the sputtering? I can film a video of the problem if anyone wants.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:51 pm

The sputtering could be just becuase of the angle of the PC allowing air into the shot. In that case, there isn't really anythingg you can do.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 am

Okay. I am in the process of building a replacement APH, I will remember to keep both PCs level.