Wouldya Look At That!( ball valve trigger thread)

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Wouldya Look At That!( ball valve trigger thread)

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 am

I'm posting this in homemades because I've found a new way to make a spring return ball valve, thus helping the struggles to make triggers.

Well, I couldn't fall asleep(look up to see the time I posted this, in Europe/ other areas, it's like 1:15-1:30AMish), so I looked at how to improve and fix my Iron Man 2. So far, I ripped off the max-d crap on the flood. Then I looked at my main nozzle 'pull valve' that had no max-d tech...;) ....

You see, this ain't no pull valve, just an INSANELY small ball valve. After all, the nozzle stops firing when you release the trigger, right? so it works, and looks easy to copy. I'll post pics sometime.

Directions(hopefully correct) :passedout:

Get ball valve. preferably brass with the handle that is lengthy on one side only.
make sure your valve can pull towards you to open,and is up to close.
get appropriate spring.
epoxy one end of spring securely on the farthest end from you on the ball valve ( if it's in the position that's up closed, parallel open, NOT where the handle goes towards you. basically, the side opposite of the handle when it's parallel to the ball valve.)
Next, bend your spring on the other end, so that it loops on to the handle. you may have to make a slit in the handle so that it's like a hook, which makes a shorter diameter for a spring to loop over in the upward perpendicular position(CLOSED).
Drown that in epoxy.
let dry.
test. the spring is my main concern, I know nothing about lengths, strengths, widths or diameters. :mrgreen:

It's in blueprint mode, but feedback and fixups are appreciated. :)
Someone who knows a way to make a ball valve trigger is free to post.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Wouldya Look At That!( ball valve trigger thread)

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I have softened my attitude towards ball valves recently. This is due to a fix that I plan on trying when I get home, which could make the Max D system much more durable. I got to see SEAL's de-max d Arctic Blast in person and it was pretty sweet. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the internals.

I think the important thing here is that we are increasing the longevity of our guns, learning from this, and being able to use the same technology in homemades.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am

Cool. Can't wait to see the pictures.
marauder wrote:I got to see SEAL's de-max d Arctic Blast in person and it was pretty sweet. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the internals.
Here you go. Unfortunately the spring I used wasn't very strong, so sometimes it fails to close the valve all the way. But the important thing is, unlike Max-D triggers, the trigger is directly connected to the valve, so you can close it manually.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am

on the IRON MAN 2, the spring is held by one of the 4 screws . It's weird.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 pm

You should use a Torsion spring instead of a normal one. That would apply force much more consistantly to the ball valve.
Also, I have never thought that a Flash Flood/ Arctic Blast didn't have a ball valve. To be fair, I had a CPS 1000 for over a year; I never thought much about it, I knew that all of the water guns I had opened so far had ball valves, but none of them were as cool as the CPS 1000, so I just assumed it had something better inside. I didn't want to have to open it. XD Plz don't stop working!
*Edit* Don't know what the heck I was saying here. Think I was referring to someone who didn't know that FF/AB have ball valves.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.