PoP Nozzle.

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

PoP Nozzle.

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Pics to follow. In the meantime, whaddya think this is?

Muahahauahaha!!!!!! :x

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: PoP Nozzle.

Post by Fishfan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:52 pm

A nozzle that pops on and off.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I have a huge PoP nozzle myself.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Hmm... DX, people might interpret that the wrong way...

:goofy:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 pm

There are up to 3 ways to take that, depending on your endowment of assets.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Back to topic, NO, it is not a nozzle that pops on and off, hense why it's called PoP, not pop. PoP is an abbreviation. Think! :)

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Okay, I'm getting too bored and I have problems.
The PoP nozzle is my universal attempt at a qfd, because i don't have one. Well, the purpose doesn't work well, but it shoots at 8x at 50'. forEVER. It's only about 6 inches long, and is made entirely of metal except the ball valve. The qfd nozzle (8x) is 1/4 inch of quick disconnect?( the 'nipple' dukesoakem uses for his powerpak repair but metal) and actually has a good laminated stream. Can anyone help make this nozzle help with filling SCs? at the moment, I don't have pics, but tomorrow i will. Plus, Can someone help attach a PC to the hose connection, and a SC nozzle to that? Essentially, I want a portable QFD port that gets filled via QFD. :goofy:
But think about it. Picture GJIV's mini APH/CPH being able to fill SCs.
This thing is quite ergonomic, too. A straight line maybe 2 inches wide at most. This can also be used to be a nozzle on bigger DIY creations.

Pics tomorrow.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 am

If the connector you mention is what I think it is, a female quick connect and a waterstop connector with a short length of hose connecting them might work. You may have to enlarge the inside of the waterstop connector to fit over the QFD 'nozzle', and this will need to be done carefully to keep the inside surface smooth. You could just add a second, smaller nozzle (like the ones on the VHS), which fits inside the QFD 'nozzle' rather than around it..

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

It's this in the middle right or top right:

It fits inside the nozzle, but it leaks somewhat, but I think it's the powerpak. The O-ring and qfd nozzle is crakked up a tad. Pics in the next hour or so.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Now this is the Prototype of the PoP nozzle. What I plan in the end is to aquire a 2 liter spherical container, over 100 balloons for the PC, and before the ball valve a Tee. the Tee will connect to the nozzle that fills the PoP, the ball valve, and the PC. I wish I had a way to picture this and draw it up. But, i cant. :oo:

So, picture this with a tee at the opening of the ball valve, the ends connecting to the PC and valve, and the top connecting to the fill area.

Suggestions to build this?
Attachments
SAM_3194.JPG
SAM_3194.JPG (206.09 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Arizona 1142.JPG
Arizona 1142.JPG (194.57 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Arizona 1146.jpg
Arizona 1146.jpg (242.44 KiB) Viewed 3741 times

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

:oo: I don't understand.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I want This:
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic4781.html
But in a horizontal design and a qfd fill nozzle.

Look at my pic of the PoP. At the ball valve(the black side, not the brass), I want a tee to connect it to the PC and the ball valve. Then at the vertical part, there will be the qfd nozzle. THAT nozzle will be used to fill the PC, made of 100+ Balloons, in a 2L or 1 gallon Fishbowl for a case.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tablemate-Hel ... ct+Reviews

DEAL.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm

OK, I might have an Idea. The PoP screws off the ball valve. That main part could connect to the hose, but I added a ball valve for obvious reasons. HOWEVER, i could still attach that qfd nozzle without the ball valve. My plan-
get a tee that is compatible with the ball valve and other parts
Get a fishbowl for PC case
Get Balloons. CHECK.
Build qfd nozzle to fit on Tee.
Find something to connect to tee and Hose Barb
Get hose clamp. CHECK.

'kay. I'll have the valve closed, screw off the nozzle, hook it up to a hose, and fillerup. What I need help with is to find a tee compatible with a qfd fill nozzle, Female garden hose connection, and something to put the Balloons on. I also need help with builing a qfd fill area to fill the PoP, and something to connect to the PC. I wish I could draw it up... but please help!!

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

A hampster ball might be better…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Not the main problem right now.. but It's a possibility. :)

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Wait a second... to make a qfd to fill up this, would a female quick connect on a hose fitting be good? However, if the water goes in through one way, wouldn't it get sent out at the same time? If not, then that would reduce price, as I wouldn't need a double ball valve to regulate the qfd, and another male quick disconnect.
So, question:
If I left the valve open, would a female quick connect with a hose fitting be a qfd port for the PoP's nozzle(male quick connect), and would filling backfire, as it's only one nozzle that gets pressurized, but since the valve is open, it would possibly fire at the same time? Really important.. Plz help! :cry:

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Tested my Royal blue helium quality latex 30.4 cm. (12 and change of inches) balloon today. It gets 'bout 25 feet. :goofy: However, It seemed to hold 2 quarts fine, and I was overcautious as It was one balloon. Should take 2 liters like a champ with a 144 balloons overlapped there.

I still need help... Could a qfd fill go directly through the regular nozzle, or would it backfire? Also, I need help connecting the ball valve to the something connecting the PC. and what that would be. Would I have to get a new ball valve? The one right now has a hose fitting attached to it.

EDIT: It takes more than 2 quarts, at a very cautious test, I measured at OVER 5 LITERS. though I will probably keep it at about 1.5-2.5 liters to expand life...

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Poseidon2000 wrote:I still need help... Could a qfd fill go directly through the regular nozzle, or would it backfire? Also, I need help connecting the ball valve to the something connecting the PC. and what that would be. Would I have to get a new ball valve? The one right now has a hose fitting attached to it....
I still need serious help!! I'm really sorry for the quad post, But it's my first homemade!!

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 pm

First: Attack of the oversized pictures.

You put a GALLON, or 4L of water in your balloon, or something like that, correct? Now imagine that bowling-ball sized water balloon somehow attached to a water gun (plus 100 extra layers). Not exactly compact. I don't think you would actually fill it up that far, would you?
Also, when you fill it that much, chances are you are weakening the balloons considerably. This would happen to any LRT chamber that was filled too much. Stick to 2L max, but with an all-balloon PC, I would actually aim for less than 1L.

Are the multiple posts really necessary?
I think you should try layering, say, 50 balloons, over a marker/piece of pipe/whatever, just to see if you can actually do it. You might end up deciding that 100 balloons is a bit much.

Did you ever actually get around to telling us what PoP stands for?

Also, where did you get that metal quick-disconnect thingy, and how much? I like the idea of making the nozzle the fill port. It looks like the way yours is setup though, that it would be a tad awkward to fill it by opening the valve and pushing it into the female port. But if you had a second port on the gun...
Does the metal female quick connect have a waterstop?

The plastic quick-connectors I have work great and were pretty cheap, too. When I update my UQFD thread, it might be easier for me to show you my ideas.
You might be able to do something similar.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Where are the balloons connected? Could we have pictures of it's current state?