PoP Nozzle.

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: PoP Nozzle.

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Look at the pics at page 1. :goofy:
Sorry for oversizin' but my ds didn't work, and my mom's camera makes 1000 kb, so that's the best at the moment.
My hardware store is by my dad's apartment, which I see on ye weekends. I will use air, because it's simple and can be strong. I don't mind droppoff, If i could attach a bike pump it would be better, But i don't know how. Suggestions?

Oh, nader, I'm sorry. PoP is stupid when decoded, but it sounds good like an abbreviation. Although it does have sense.
Power
of
Poseidon
:goofy:

Anyway, the quick disconnects I got at my local Family owned hardware store. It was $3. Bit much, but It produces decent lamination.

I'm doing a simple plan, 2L AP, 8x, Bike pump, qfd, valve. Meant to be a qfd, but also a weapon. It will be considerably strong, maybe 48 feet +, but I have to test.

Sorry for quad Posts!! :mrgreen:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Dammit. Now I want to go to Walmart.

I have a strong desire to layer a LOT of ballons, and make some kind of CPH that works with my CFD. All I need are balloons and a pipe clamp...
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Hehe, Balloons have basically been Proven to be underestimated(except for XPS, that's just ugly) in good ways. JLspacemarine's CAR, Some Guy's CPH... with only 75 balloons, the CAR gets 50'. With 75 balloons on a 12k, that gets in the ballpark of 50', but your PC capacity almost dies and there are more safety issues. True, some people have failed with balloons, a moment of silence for mr. dude's lightning, but it's worth a shot. For me, I wouldn't test with them yet, because I don't have experience, but 100+ balloons should tap the 55' mark or more, given good maintenance, and internals.

However, I'm not aiming for phenomenal praises for this; It's my first homemade! with some skimming on SSC about a 2l bottle APH(not ben's, something similar to the basic APH), mine should be in the ballpark of a CPS2500 in range at best.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 pm

A quick note, a hose will not fill a 144 balloon PC. This is why the powerpack and spashzooka were hailed for their shot time, but were never considered to have good range. Some of the Monsters were even worse.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 pm

this is why I'm using AP, the balloons will just backfire the H2O back...don't want that in a hose now. :soaked: :p

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 pm

I have the plan set. Once I'm rested, :goofy: I'll go to the hardware store to get fittings. Now, I actually am not going for 'compact', It'll hold 3l, mind the 1l left of air it would be 4, but It can still be modular and set to 2l or can be set to a hose. Final product estimated at $30-$50 USD, and should crack 45 feet and at least 3 seconds of shot time. Straps, and that's my backup for my 1500!
Wish me luck! :)

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 am

Looking forward to seeing your finished product. Sounds like it will be pretty good.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Meh, It'll probably be this:
http://forums.sscentral.org/showthread.php?t=4915

But in one Piece and 2 qfd ports. He says it gets 30ish feet levelish range, And that's with a hose slightly restricting flow. If I have a bike pump mini thing, It would be better, but I only have what you would use on a basic WBL, big humongus foot and 3 feet hand pumps...yeah.

Anyway, It's VERY simple,and it should be done today!

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Grr... :x

Well, I have the majority of the parts...however, I have to compromise, making most fittings slip-fit. Anyway, build delay is scheduled to end next week, for I need primer and cement, and some cutting and purchasing...

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Pieces cut using hacksaw. I just love that my dad works at a factory. Stuff, for free! Solvent Welding expected tomorrow or Sunday. Final Pictures and guide, too. I has a good body, like a grip, and stock structure.

How do I attach PVC Designer Pictures??? I can't add via file nor copy-paste. Help!!

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Where did you get the balloons again? I went to Walmart looking for balloons, but all I found were "1/4 pound of ballons (Apx 72)" for 5$. I was expecting 100 for 15$ (again, someone said you could buy quality balloons at wal mart?) but as far as trying to layer dozens (and dozens) of multicolored cheap balloons... no thanks.
I NEEDS SOMES BALLONZ
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Poseidon2000 wrote:Pieces cut using hacksaw. I just love that my dad works at a factory. Stuff, for free! Solvent Welding expected tomorrow or Sunday. Final Pictures and guide, too. I has a good body, like a grip, and stock structure.

How do I attach PVC Designer Pictures??? I can't add via file nor copy-paste. Help!!
You have to save the images online (imgur, imageshack, picasa online, photobucket etc.) and link to them (copy the link from the little box saying 'embed image') using the 'Img' button in the posting box.

Something like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZEKhwLLRKGo/ToXrIqFMCKI/AAAAAAAAAD4/aLRZF5So8dc/s144/design%2520tank.jpg[/img]

gets you this (you can make it larger by selecting the image size when you copy the link on the relevant image hosting site):

Look forward to seeing the guide. :)
soakinader wrote:Where did you get the balloons again? I went to Walmart looking for balloons, but all I found were "1/4 pound of ballons (Apx 72)" for 5$. I was expecting 100 for 15$ (again, someone said you could buy quality balloons at wal mart?) but as far as trying to layer dozens (and dozens) of multicolored cheap balloons... no thanks.
I NEEDS SOMES BALLONZ
I got mine from eBay. Look for 12" latex balloons. Helium quality is good.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Hey Poseidon, did you ever get around to finishing this? And what about Captain Xerxes? (Or whatever it was called...)