Latest Build

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
isoaker

Latest Build

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 am

What's the last blaster or water warfare-related device you've made?
Made an APH, a CPH, a WBL, or something new altogether?

Share your creations and/or lessons learned here!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Andrew

Re: Latest Build

Post by Andrew » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:05 pm

My latest bulid was my first. It's the expansion soaker I posted a thread about on SSC.

Not sure whether it counts as an APH or not. It has a rubber bladder but this just separates the air and water. Perhaps it's a form of precharger (the air tank is pre-charged to 3bar)?

Either way it now has a working pump and just needs a few ergonomic additions before it's finished (some type of trigger, a grip of some sort, a plastic pump handle, sling).

Just need to think of what to call it.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 am

My APH is chugging along. That stupid pump is slwing me down though. Gonna try teflon under the seal, nerfer style. Might even do it today!
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for the teflon idea, it works great! :D

You might need to put some PVC tape around the edges of the teflon though. I found that it did tend to move a bit, under heavy pumping, without it.
(The brown stuff is from inside the copper pipe)

The pump is a bit hard, but the vaseline made it a lot better, and it does seem to be able to pressurise the chamber. I will need to tighten the compression joints though. It can be a bit alarming when the bottom half of the blaster moves when pumping it quickly!

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 04, 2012 3:06 pm

My latest build will be the CPH devastator, then 2l home
(The devastator had a 1 inch long dowel so i'm changing it, also i'm replacing the leaky joint/resivoir with a 2L)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 pm

atvan wrote:My APH is chugging along. That stupid pump is slwing me down though. Gonna try teflon under the seal, nerfer style. Might even do it today!
Definitely. :goofy:

Well, today I did get around to it, and the gun actually works quite well. I never needed the electrical take though. I guess the nerfers know what they are doing…

Now I just need to get a backpack built, and maybe put a nice handle on the pump.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

My latest build is also my first the APH Devastator, it uses swappable 2 L's for reservoirs has about .75 L PC (duel .5 L bottles) and about 40' range. I need to stop the leaks before testing output.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 20, 2016 8:08 pm

OI built a new air pressure homemade for Soakemore 2016. 4" diameter piston chamber like Supercannon II. It's a pre-charger. I'm fairly disappointed with it, to be honest, but will use it for a round or two to see if that might change my mind. In retrospect I should have gone with a latex tubing water gun like SuperCPS, but improved. That design worked considerably better than anything else I've ever made. And it could be improved.

I think PVC has too many limitations to make ergonomic water guns. Due to using the pre-charger design and the fact that PVC is bulky, this water gun is unwieldy, though it could have been worse. The performance is good but not as good as I would have liked. There's a lot of dead space that will be fully of water, which means that it's practical "dry" weight is fairly high as well. I'm learning, though.

After the war I'm going to disassemble the water gun and use it as a test water jet device for my PhD research, so it's not a complete waste. I also designed the pump system to be swapped out easily, so it could be used in another water gun.

Edit: The piston on this completely failed at the war. Really regretting not making a gun with latex tubing now.