So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf gun

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
DX

So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf gun

Post by DX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Not a typo. CPS 2000. Converted.

*Paging management, heart attack in field #3*

After getting over the shock of someone ruining a perfectly good CPS 2000, I offered an embarrassing amount of money to sav...I mean...buy it...and that offer was turned down. We spent a good half hour or so discussing the gun. The guy who did it is cool and I will keep his name safely anonymous, but damn, a 2000. He is aware of its value and took a great deal of care ensuring the conversion was clean. From the outside, you can't tell that it's not a water gun anymore. It's also reversible except for the end of the nozzle. The 2000 is MK2 (imagine my reaction if it had been MK1) and looked like it had been originally owned by a water warrior (reinforced pump handle + custom strap = nerfers don't know to do that). I did warn him about the trigger and he will be reinforcing that, as I found a hairline in it.

So who gave up a 2000 MK2 recently? I hate seeing CPS end up in the NIC. CPS pumps aren't even designed to take in air.

// wrist
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cantab

Re: So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf gun

Post by cantab » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Is it even any good as a nerf gun, or has he well and truly nerfed it?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Not I! That is terrible. At least it's reversible. I don't guess it'd be that good as a nerf gun anyway.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Re: So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf

Post by DX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 pm

It is actually awesomely powerful. However, converting an air pressure gun with a large enough PC would get essentially the same results. There's no benefit to having CPS. That, and it's single shot. Not practical in a high level war and most hosts would ban it anyway. Someone singled a Hydro Cannon and brought it to Apoc with slingshot darts. That shit hurt and Vacc probably ate the kid after reprimanding him.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: So...I met a nerfer who converted a CPS 2000 into a nerf gun

Post by marauder » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 pm

If I was a 15 year old arsonist all over again I would definitely do this... with a different gun.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.