Super CPS

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
GJIV

Super CPS

Post by GJIV » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi there^^ I am planing to build up a so called "Super CPS" gun. What this gun should look like and what should make it so "Super" will be brought to you soon.

But currently I have a baaad cold....Also the reason why I do not post much at the moment...But I have time to think, when I am lying in bed and waiting for becoming healthy again^^ hehe...Concept is post soon :D

GJIV

Re: Super CPS

Post by GJIV » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Ok, no concept at the moment but I can say that I will include a CPS 3000, added a QFD to its front, as the main gun.

PC-volume is very far over 2 litre of CPS-power :cool:

Backpack is my standard backpack with its 17 litres :)

When weekend comes I will bring in pics and concepts!

I am also thinking of other nozzles^^ Tell me some creativ thoughts! I am building up a crazy gun, so crazy and interesting ideas are needed! As the typhoon setting is rather useless I want to replace it, but what should I put in there instead of the typhoon ? What is missing at a CPS 3000's nozzle selector... ?

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Party balloons, stacked, should be able to expand to pretty good sizes to hold a lot of pressurized water.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm

My problem is not PC. I ALREADY HAVE ABOUT 5 litre of CPS PC volume :)

But my problem is that I need nozzles to use the pressurize water well^^ So any ideas what can be done with the typhoon nozzle ?

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Update:

CPS 3000 can be connected with my homemade 25 litre backpack. I also installed a "side-pipe" where the further Pressure chambers will be conneted with the CPS 3000's presssure system

The gun is nearly finished.

Unfortunately I cannot find my cam at the moment, so no pics till I found it...Damn it... :D

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

I can't find my camera either. :goofy:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 pm

May my cam and your cam have been out late this night and now they will never come back again... :x

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:21 pm

HEYYYYYYYYYYYY

UPDATE!!!

The "SUPER CPS" is complet!!

I have not down tests yet but I have pressurized it and it seems that all works well.

From my concept and calculation I have built up a CPS Blaster with :

PC volume: 4,7 litre
Reservoir, backpack: 25 litres
4 nozzles 5X:: 10 X:: 20 X:: typhoon nozzle(will be changed, not sure about what as replacement...any suggestions ? )
(tracked)Pump volume: 33 ml / stroke
range (untested, hopefully) :

10 metres 5X::
11 metres 10X::
10 metres 20X::
??? metres ??? X:: (what should I install ??? )

Another great thing is the homemade QFD, so you do not have to pump up xxx times to fill the PC !

I have also installed a "filler" system at the connection with the backpack so you can easily fill up other Soakers(from other mates) on the field during the fight, no problem with a 25 litre backpack.

Pictures and range tests will come tomorow. It is late here in Austria and I am tired from the building....

NOTE: The gun is a hybrid, a connection of TWO GREAT GUNS with HOMEMADE MODIFICATIONS AND PIECES(for example backpack, QFD...)

Who will guess the two Soakers-modells I used ? :D Have a try! I will wait with pitcutres till you found out the two Soakers^^ :lol:

till tomorow my great Soaker-friends!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Sound awesome! My main request is that you consider writing up an article for the iSoaker.net on the building of your Super CPS blaster.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Be careful with hose-filling homemades. Leaving it connected too long will obliterate the bladder unless you built or designed a PRV. For nozzles, anything more than 20x is probably unnecessary unless it has the power for it. A riot blast could be a good option.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

GJIV wrote:Who will guess the two Soakers-modells I used ? :D Have a try! I will wait with pitcutres till you found out the two Soakers^^
If you're using donor pressure chambers, then that volume is about what the Water Warriors Hydra/Aqua Pak has. So, that for one of the donor guns.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 am

Ok, since I cannot find my stupid cam, I will solve it up^^

I have connected a CPS 3000 with a Super Soaker Powerpack. It looks nice and is easy to wear, the powerpack was put in the backpack with the reservoir.

The QFD is working great. When the four pressure chambers are full you hear the PR-valve inside working, this is time to stop QFD. Also the bladder of the CPS 3000 is "stronger". When the power pack's PC is full the CPS 3000 is about 3/4, just when no water can go into the Power Pack the PC of the CPS 3000 is filled up to maximum. I stop filling when the CPS 3000 is full.

When firing it is working great! The CPS 3000 and the power pack are emptying all "about" constantly. This way you always know how much water you have left about. Not that exact what you might think but a good help :) THe CPS 3000 is empty when the Power pack holds about 400 ml. THis time the pressure falls off a bit.

When starting firing you have a crazy pressure, then it drops off a little bit(after 1 second of firing), then holds pressure and then, when the CPS 3000 is empty, falls off again a little.

Range of 5X :: 12 metres, then drops off to 11, in the end you have 10.
Range of 10 X:: 12 metres, drops off to 10,5, in the end you have 10
Range of 20 X:: 11 metres, drops off to 9 metres, in the end down to 8-7 metres(does not matter since this is not even 1 second firing till the CPS is all empty)
Typhon: untested

When using the 20X:: the CPS 3000's PC is emptying quicker, It seems that the Power pack's flow is not or too less to power the 20 X:: with a good range, that is the reason why the power pack originally does not have a 20 X:: stream...

now to firing time :

5X :: 21 seconds (hahaha)
10X:: 12
20X:: 7 seconds

This says the 20 X:: fires about as long as the FLash-Flood but pushes not 350 ml but 4700 ml on your oponent in the same time hahaha :lol:

The pump is smooth and I am able to PUMP UP THE CRAZY PC VOLUME WITHOUT STOPS, in about 30 seconds. Then I am out of power...This says, at 33 ml/stroke I have to pump about 143 times.......

The Soaker is a great weapon in a water ware. It can drown other people with its water hahah. Just go around and soaker others, and when there is some time pump a little bit to keep pressure up. Even if you are trigger happy, this is no problem, but keep in mind that even 4700ml are out soon at 20 X::...

Fortunately I installed a QFD for those who are to lazy to pump. I would suggest to fill up by QFD, then fire and pump in during the firght on the field, and when the water is out just go to QFD and refill hahaha

Only drawback is that it is rather heavy. When you really refill by QFD and fill up the reservoir backpack with its 25 litre maximum you may hold about 30-40 kilogramm on your shoulders...Thanks that the backpack is so comfortable to work. The good thing here is that you can als use it like a QFD-Soaker. No water in backpack just using the QFD and filling the PCs. THis way you only have about 5 kilogramm on your back :) But I will refill by pumping most of the time, so I can stay on the field for a loooong time :D

You CAN run with it, if you have the power to ^^ It is stable and strong, also comfortable, it won't break if you fall during running but it's weight may kill you whe nit is completely full hahaha :goofy:

I have NOT taken pictures of producing, since I cannot find my cam. But I will get you pictures and may open the gun again, just for you :D

Woohooo, a big project is done :)

ADD: FOUND MY CAMM!!!!!!!!!!! Give me some time to write up a "bulding process instroduction" with pictures for isoaker :) I think this would be worth to put on isoaker.com ?

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:43 am

Ok, here are some images :) Description of building coming later:

Enjoy...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 pm

I thought it would be a homemade, but it turns out to be a mod.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:37 pm

It is a mix of all a bit. :) The internals are changed of the CPS 3000(this Soaker was broken und lots of things not working) and repaired, the powerpack was missing its "gun" and there was one bladder ruptured.

The QFD is homemade, also all pipes and conncetion adapters. Backpack is homemade.

It is not just a modification, but I used two broken guns to build up a totally new gun, and it is working great^^

Also I do prefer the original check-valves since they work great and hold pressure well(also very high pressure). It is very difficult to get check valves here and after lots of homemade-check valves I decided to use some original ones :)

The gun is impressive and great, holds pressure well, uses lots of homemade pieces. I do not mind whether parts are homemade or not, what comes out in the end is important.

I do call it "SUPER CPS" since it got more or less all what a good CPS Soaker should have(well, the 1-3-5 trigger of the CPS 1-3-5 would be great ;D ). Backpack, big PC, great nozzles, good range, incredible output and shot-time. It looks nice, you can run with it, it is not too heavy. It got a strap to wear and a soft backpack. The pump is smooth too and it got a QFD for quick filling. It got a pressure gauge to see how much water you have left. It is compact, easy to use and it works great without any problems. Also I have replaced all weak parts, which are likely to break.
May I install a "riot blast nozzle" out of the typhoon-nozzle.

And yea, the idea was in my mind, I got my hands on a broken CPS 3000 and a broken SC power pack, and then after days of intensiv work the SUPER CPS is built and yea, it really works as I planned!

Project "SUPER CPS " is sucessfully done ! :cool:

Now I can go to my new project, "SUPER AIR", I have got a broken Max-D 6000, which I will use, haha. I do really just use the check valves and the pump from it :D AIR-PC is planned to be about 6 litres or even more...fortunately the max-D pump is thin and long, this way you can build up big pressure by pumping :) But ok, more in my new thread, which I will make soon.