Automatic Water Balloons?

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
BennySquire

Automatic Water Balloons?

Post by BennySquire » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 am

Hi, I'm a new member here and I have an idea for a unique type of water gun :)

I was wondering if it would be possible to build a fully automatic or semi-automatic water gun that shoots small water balloons from a magazine, without being dangerous due to the high velocity of the water balloons. I have never built a water gun before so I'm not sure how the inner mechanism would work or even if it would be possible.

Thanks very much :)

isoaker

Re: Automatic Water Balloons?

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Welcome to the forums!

While possible, there are two major issues which are likely the main reasons such a water gun will not be made. First is that if a device can lob water balloons a decent range, it can be used to lob other things that simply shouldn't be fired. Second is that water balloons are actually being more discouraged these days since burst balloons pose a significant choking hazard to small children. While this doesn't seem to be an issue for older users, litter and public opinion would further complicate any attempts at developing such a device.

In a perfect dream land, I, too, would love to have a rapid-fire water balloon launcher, but reality is this isn't likely going to be formally developed, at least not by a manufacturer, and remain in the realm of the really avid homemade builder.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Somebody posted a thread on this at SSC here.

It can certainly be done, but only if you have the resources and are better at it than we are. A magazine may not be advisable and a hopper may be prefered, but you'll have to figure that all out if you want to make one.

@iSoaker, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have any problems whatsoever with an automatic launcher. It would be an overpowered weapon (unless it can't be reloaded easily) but I wouldn't mind having one. The real reasons that many warriors don't use water balloons these days (anybody with any decency will clean up their balloons and they are much more likely to be a hazard to animals than children) is because they are simply not as practical as blasters. Currently, my group only uses them for suppression and getting kills with them is very, very rare.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:18 pm

@C-A_99: uh, I already stated above that I'd love to have one. My answer was no less real than yours. In fact, I was speaking more from the reasons water balloon launchers are not of major interest to manufacturers and is based from the answer I got to a similar question I posed to BBT. I, perhaps, should have clarified that it would be loads of fun to use and some may be able to make it, but the likelihood of seeing a stock water balloon launcher like that is particularly low.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Sorry, I assumed that launchers as homemades was a given, though that being said I think I've seen some launchers sold from online retailers before. (similar to current launchers but manufactured)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat