Quick and easy refill station - a quick and easy refill station!

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:33 am

First of all I'm not sure if this is in the right forum,so please move it if it's not. Also, sorry for the lack of pictures, but i don't have a working camera at the moment.

The point of this is to create something that will hopefully last you the whole war if a hose is unavailabe (such as the war I'm preparing for).
What you will need:
A large water bottle (Preferably 15L or more).
A long tube (1m to 1.5m long and up to 2cm wide is good).
Anything that can help you cut a 1-2cm wide hole into your large bottle.
A solid platform to hold the refill station.

First, you must make sure the bottle is empty. Just don't dump it as soon as you buy it, that is too wasteful (i hope that was obvious enough).
When your bottle is empty, drill/cut a hole at the very bottom of the bottle (in a way so most if not all of the water is used). Now, glue one end of the tube to the hole you just made, but don't glue the other.
Almost done now, attach the bottle to the platform and :soakon2:.

During the war, when the refill station is not in use, place the loose end of the tube inside the bottle, through the top of the bottle, so that the water doesn't keep flowing.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Preparing for a waterwar in march? Wahhh... I wish it was that warm in Ontario :(
But that's a good Idea, I would rather take 7-8 2L bottles, then just fill directly using the quickfill cap.:D
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:52 pm

supersoaker wrote:Preparing for a waterwar in march? Wahhh... I wish it was that warm in Ontario :(
i live in ontario as well, but i'm noticing that the weather is getting better so i'm preparing for a war already. i'll probably be having this war may-june

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:46 am

I planing to have two water battles with my freind one at the end of this month and another in the beginning of April( I might have more than that and they might be at different times I'm not really sure on anything just yet). :)

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:50 am

:p lol im in mr. dudes water war... i plan to pwn him with some watergun.... :bm1000: :soakon2: :holidaysoak:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am

This is a forum, not a chatroom, there is a degree of formality here [aka please at the least form whole sentences]. Also take into consideration that using lots of smilies in posts tends to annoy the membership.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:30 am

so, back on topic please, what do you think of the idea?

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am

IMO, it is interesting, although it would be faster to transfer water directly from a bottle to a gun, like with a group of 2L bottles hidden in a bush. The time spent refilling is precious, unless your rules allow immunity from being shot while refilling.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:09 pm

well this is supposed to replace a hose if there aren't any available, and hoses aren't exactly the fastest refillers i've used...

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:12 pm

I was also talking about refilling in lieu of hoses. I myself have not used a hose in organized wars since summer 2004.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:39 pm

if you have both a hose-wannabe (i'll call it that for now:)), and a bunch of 2L bottles, that would make a pretty good refill station. also you could attach the hose-wannabe to a soaker and fire at all enemies as a last resort base defence.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:39 pm

In the battles that me and my freind have we have just recently allowed waterbottles and my freind says almost weekly that he has another 2L bottle of water and all I have is little waterbottles and if you take one it won't even fill up a Liquidator. I guess I better start collecting bigger bottles.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:43 pm

Try building my hose-wannabe, i'm almost done mine. I'll try to post up pictures sometime soon.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:31 pm

Duxburian wrote:I was also talking about refilling in lieu of hoses. I myself have not used a hose in organized wars since summer 2004.
What do you use? If I'm having a war at a park, the only option for me is often drinking fountains (sinks are usually too small or misshaped to allow a gun to fill from them). Do you carry a couple 2L bottles in a backpack? And wouldn't they slow you down?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:39 pm

I use tennis ball cans for scooping water out of streams and ponds. The big opening makes it more than double the speed of 2L bottles, even if the capacity is lot smaller. The tennis cans are also much lighter, smaller, more durable, and can hold water balloons. I go long stretches [30 min-1 hour] before refilling, so I fill the cans with water balloons. They get used, leaving an empty can for refilling purposes when the time finally comes.

I rarely carry that much emergency water in a backpack, since water is heavy. I might have 1-2 tennis cans just for water, if that, because I usually can count on being able to fight my way to a water source or run away to one [You can't guard 2 miles of stream].

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:48 pm

Duxburian wrote:I use tennis ball cans for scooping water out of streams and ponds. The big opening makes it more than double the speed of 2L bottles, even if the capacity is lot smaller. The tennis cans are also much lighter, smaller, more durable, and can hold water balloons. I go long stretches [30 min-1 hour] before refilling, so I fill the cans with water balloons. They get used, leaving an empty can for refilling purposes when the time finally comes.

I rarely carry that much emergency water in a backpack, since water is heavy. I might have 1-2 tennis cans just for water, if that, because I usually can count on being able to fight my way to a water source or run away to one [You can't guard 2 miles of stream].

Yeah, 4L seems like a lot of water to have on your back. Tennis ball cans sound good, but aren't you afraid of the stuff in the stream (dirt, bugs, "creatures", and so on) getting into your blaster? Streams and ponds usually don't have the best water. I've used the stuff from streams and ponds for science expiriments. :goofy: That's why I have never used an open water source. I use only tap water, no matter where it's from. Or do you have some sort of filter installed on the cans?

I find that idea interesting, but using water from just anywhere sounds bad. ???

Edited By Hannibal on 1141678111
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:30 pm

well, i just tried the hose-wannabe, and although i only tried it in a bathtub, i got some basic impressions. first of all, it will "fire" a decent amount of water a second, allowing you to fill up a soaker in a not-so-long period of time (unless you're a cps 3000/3200 user, in which case...Good Luck!). If you decide you want to use it to fire at someone, make sure they're no more than 1 foot away, 'cuz you won't be hitting them if they're any further. As well, you should use the best adhesive you have to glue the tube to the bottle, because mine fell out when i was done. Finally, be sure to have the tube attached at the very bottom of the bottle, because 1cm too high and you just left about 500mL behind.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:08 pm

Tennis ball cans sound good, but aren't you afraid of the stuff in the stream (dirt, bugs, "creatures", and so on) getting into your blaster? Streams and ponds usually don't have the best water. I've used the stuff from streams and ponds for science expiriments. :goofy: That's why I have never used an open water source. I use only tap water, no matter where it's from. Or do you have some sort of filter installed on the cans?

I find that idea interesting, but using water from just anywhere sounds bad.

As I've stated before, my guns are strictly for use-only. I throw "resale value" right out the window, but the guns win wars, and to me that is what counts most. IMO, personal satisfaction and fun > material value and money. So in the heat of a battle, any water will do, despite streams not being the most clean of sources. In the woods, it is either the stream, pond, or nothing, since you can't carry all the water you would ever need for a 3 hour war.

In hardcore water warfare fought on wild battlefields, one cannot be selective about what kind of water they put in their soaker. One is thankful for every opportunity to get it, and thinks about how to use it effectively, not what's in it. :cool:

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:44 am

Hmm, similar design of my backpack water unit. I'll post a design of it later.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars