Latest Mod/Build

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
GJIV

Re: Latest Mod/Build

Post by GJIV » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Here are lots of pics of the vanquisher, I made them for SSC, but I am willing to share them with you too, of course :D

It also contains pics of the K-Modded PC ;D Rather difficult to put in the clap again, but nothing is impossible for a engineerer like me :goofy:

Enjoy...

Opened gun
Trigger-valve (ball valve)
inner diameter of trigger-pipe(very small...)
rather long pump, smooth and easy to use :)

bladder out of its green bottle^^ Not we it is going to be interesting^^
bladder without plastic fixment
Bladder itself
K-Modded bladder

Original Nozzle selector
Modded nozzle selector(+ 3 nozzles)

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:59 am

^wow. i could never imagine that the PC expands so large that it needs restraints around it!
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Better install a bigger ball valve to get big streams :) I have just noticed that there are no further pics or posts about my new Vanquisher. I will add posts, pics or videos the next days, it works great with lots of power and soakness :D

IT also has got a "Burst" nozzle :goofy: with 1,6 litre PC volume...hahaha :goofy:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi there :) I have just upgraded a CPS 1700. It now has a aluminium-pump-stab, k-modded, strengthen check valves and I once again installed a further 2 X:: nozzle and a 20 X:: nozzle :D

Now I have a CPS 1500 and a CPS 1700 with incredible power, 4 useful nozzles. And they are not fragile anymore :goofy: Anyone who wants to have a try ?

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

My MD6K:
Strap added, smallest nozzle drilled to 5/32. It hits about 30'
The strap was attached with a very unique method:
I drilled holes in the fake moulding between the 2 PCs, and made a loop out of kite string for the strap to clip onto.

I also made a loop of string around the base of the cap.

It is my new secondary! MD6k + CPS 2k = WIN FOREVER

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I used a different method for strapping the 6k. I took those metal (with clear plastic coating) twisty tie thingies (very specific, I know) from various water blaster packagings and wrapped it around the blaster at two locations. Each location consists of two of the ties wrapped together to ensure strength.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 pm

On my homemade, I just used cut pieces of wire - which is basically what CA-99 used.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:13 am

I had planned on posting this with my homemade, but it won't be completed until spring break.
Here is a Homemade nozzle selector. I used 1/2" CPVC and it fits into 1/2" PVC with a hammer. This design could be scaled up easily.

I just plugged the end of a tee with a dowel.
I then glued 4 barrels onto an empty spool of thread. I inserted 1 barrel into a leg of the tee, and drilled a hole in the plugged side of the tee. I inserted a pencil through the spool, and epoxied it to the hole in the plug.

I don't have enough endcaps so only 1 is attached. The piped diameter is 1/2" but that can be changed by using a larger tee/pipe.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:19 pm

soakernerd wrote:I had planned on posting this with my homemade, but it won't be completed until spring break.
Here is a Homemade nozzle selector. I used 1/2" CPVC and it fits into 1/2" PVC with a hammer. This design could be scaled up easily.

That's pretty cool, but how does it hold up against pressure from the PC? Going to rely purely on friction to keep nozzles in place or will you have some sort of locking mechanism to keep the PC from blasting the nozzle selector out of the main opening?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 pm

It is quite tight, and held up to a 2000 during testing. I don't have anything more powerful. The back of the tee can get solvent welded to the blaster if necessary.
I may add a spring between the end of the pencil and the spool, to keep it in place.
I got the idea from this. That link also has a more detailed writeup. Keep in mind that I used a tee so it could be modular.