New Linear Flow Valve

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
watercrazy007

Re: New Linear Flow Valve

Post by watercrazy007 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 am

Tim, your linear valve is absolutely incredible. I just don't know what to say, its just so good.

If this thread is still open for new ideas, I have an interesting one: a kink valve. Basically attach the pvc to a stiff garden hose and go back into pvc again. The two pvc sections connect together like a rail system, where the hose is kinked in the off position and you move your grip forward to unkink it and fire the gun. Or alternatively you set it up to where pulling back a pvc section unkinks the hose. We can finally take advantage of crappy garden hose!

SSCBen

Re: New Linear Flow Valve

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

watercrazy007, something like that is how original Super Soakers worked. From what I understand, it has some problems. I don't know what they are from experience, but I imagine that the valve won't seal well at higher pressures, and would require periodic replacement. The second is not an issue for homemade water guns, but definitely an issue for manufactured water guns. The pinch valve is essentially a better version of the kink valve, using compressed gas to do the pinching/kinking.

If you try it out and see that it works well, let us know as it could be a game changer.