Gun holster - For small-medium guns

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:07 pm

Have you ever had a gun that was too big for a coat hanger holster, but too small for a strap? I believe I may have come up with a solution.

What you will need:
-Strong string (I used twine)
-2 clips
-a belt loop on the pants you're wearing

What you will need to do is tie the two clips together. You need to make the string long enough to fit around the handle. You will attach one clip to your belt loop, run the other through the grip*, and attach it to the belt loop. Voila! You're done.

*NOTE: The grip must be a closed grip (i.e. Max-D 6000, Flash flood, Helix, etc.)
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Sounds interesting! I would, however, consider it an alternative to a strap on medium/large guns instead of a replacement on smaller guns. A strap can work for very small guns, but individual preference might sometimes call for something like this instead.

With a strap, because it's over your shoulder, it's far more useful and more effective in holding a gun at shoulder level--and while you don't need the improved accuracy for soaking, you would get a bit of extra range and your arms wouldn't tire out as much. However, straps can sometimes limit your movement, especially if they're too short.

Your cord holster, however, would be a good way to carry a smaller sidearm or something that is lighter and that you're not likely to use very much. While it isn't as helpful as a holster when shooting, it does allow for easy carrying.

Some people might like the flexibility, but from experience, I know that something hanging off a belt loop will knock against your legs and pull your shorts down. I'd be happy to use it if I could get those problems sorted out.

Some people shorten straps and loop them around their arm--I don't see why because I haven't done it, but for lighter weapons, it might be convenient. It would be harder to shoot a different weapon while carrying your primary, though.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1157323961

hendry157

Re:

Post by hendry157 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:55 am

Rook wrote:Have you ever had a gun that was too big for a coat hanger Western holsters, but too small for a strap? I believe I may have come up with a solution.

What you will need:
-Strong string (I used twine)
-2 clips
-a belt loop on the pants you're wearing

What you will need to do is tie the two clips together. You need to make the string long enough to fit around the handle. You will attach one clip to your belt loop, run the other through the grip*, and attach it to the belt loop. Voila! You're done.

*NOTE: The grip must be a closed grip (i.e. Max-D 6000, Flash flood, Helix, etc.)
Thanks for providing the Solution. I will definitely try it.