Monster X CPS2000 Hybrid

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey everyone, long time no speak! Righty, I have two Monster X guns, one with the CPS2500 pressure tank, and one with the legendary CPS2000 pressure tank. Now, the other year we went on some drive by shooting, and the Monster X with the 2500 pressure tank started pumping water......i've had this problem before, it was infact the downfall of the 2500 and 2000, hence why I put their pressure tanks in the Monster Xs. Is there anyway to remedy this? it's the pressure valve at the front that breaks, probably due to the sheer pressure.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:58 pm

The firing valve is open at all times. That problem is usually cause by one of two things: the rubber seal falling off (likely in high-pressure related problems) and the spring not being strong enough to close the valve.

First try the common rubber band repair to close the valve if it is due to the spring. Simply put a rubber band or several on the pin leading to the seal. That should close the valve.

If the water gun still fires after that, the rubber band repair is not the solution. Remove the rubber bands, open up the valve, and reglue the seal back on. If the seal is damaged and can not be reused, you can buy a rubber sheet to cut into the right shape. Rubber sheets are available online, but I've also seen them in home improvement stores.

Hopefully you'll get this problem fixed soon. If you'd be interested in helping me assemble images and instructions for my planned repair center, let me know. I'd appreciate any image submission or anything, even if we have duplicates.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:49 pm

As Doom noted, there are various methods to repair a faulty nozzle valve assuming you are referring to the nozzle. As you have undoubtedly opened the soaker, the way to repair depends on what actually broke. Doom also did a good overview of things to look for.

Also check out CPS Nozzle Valve Repair

If you'd be willing to take and share pictures and progress, the information would be most welcome.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:30 am

Ok cool. I've tried the rubber band one before but it didn't work too well(they kept sliding off the pin!). Could I try and fit a new spring? If I'd known these repairs years ago I could have fixed my CPS2000 and 2500.......alas, I now have my 6 nozzled CPS2000 in disguise! I will take full pictures of the repairs, if they are needed!(btw, the CPS2000 pressure chamber is the same as the Monster Xs in terms of the plastic casing size, so it doesn't look very special).
PS, does anyone have pics of the rubber band repair?

Edited By Nick on 1152102727

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:39 am

There a pic and some explanation over at SSCentral. Check out: Open Trigger Valve Repair

This page has the picture I had in mind yesterday, but forgot where it was located. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: