Water mines - 5 min. or less in deploy time.

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
perilous

Post by perilous » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:41 pm

I looking for a Water Mine design that follows the following criteria:

1)Can be deployed in five minutes or less.
2)Can be made in large quanity with little or no money.
3)Is easy and fast to make.
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:07 am

Buy water balloons, fill and tie them, and put them just slighly underground. When a person steps on it, the balloon will explode and soak them. Or so I've heard...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:00 am

Water mines are a stupid idea.

You can seriously hurt someone if they trip on this mine. I do know that Freakymist once broke his toe on a water mine.

Also, water mines are not very effective. Will these win the war for you? The answer simply is no - at most they'll get your feet slightly wet.

If you were set, you could rig a sprinkler or some sort of water gun to be activated by a trip wire or even an invisible line like those made by remote controls. I actually experimented with that, however when the only way you have to make such a device is with Legos, it doesn't work too well.

Instead of thinking of little ways to get your opponents slightly wet, think of ways to get them drenching wet. :goofy: