5 Min epoxy.

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:06 pm

This is what I used on my CVF and reinforcement.
What are peoples opinions on this 5 minute epoxy?
Do you think I'll suffer problems from it or will everything hold?

Excelite

Post by Excelite » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:24 pm

My experiences with quick fix epoxy (an hour or less) have not been pleasant. I usually end up with a seal that breaks quickly, or with less strength than I desire. If you need a quick fix, go for it, but otherwise use a strong overnight epoxy like JB Weld.
abusing the ellipsis since before you n00bs got here

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:44 pm

i use JB Kwik. it bonds in 4 minutes and it has worked for me. i say go for it.
-The Wizard of Water

Excelite

Post by Excelite » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:01 pm

^I haven't used the JB brand of quick epoxy. My experiences have been with cheaper epoxies, which I admit work fine for holding most everything but seals or cracks where there might be pressure. I forgot to mention this the first time around :goofy:
abusing the ellipsis since before you n00bs got here

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:07 am

5 minute epoxy works great for me. I use it to hold my portable QFD together. It holds the pressure nicely, and it takes a lot of air pressure to fill my Splashzooka! I use Selleys 5 min. epoxy, and it woks great, but since I think Selleys is an Australian Brand that is not sold in oter countries, JB sounds like the brand to use. If you get a good quality 5 min. epoxy, it's a fantastic all purpose glue to use on just about anything to do with soaking.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:23 am

Hmm, that's odd, I've never used any epoxy in any of the things I have that are capable of being a portable QFD!

I only have a roll of the 5 min epoxy, and yet my 2700 still is lying in a box unassembled. I didn't try it at all because I was afraid it wouldn't be strong enough.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:07 pm

Doom wrote:Hmm, that's odd, I've never used any epoxy in any of the things I have that are capable of being a portable QFD!

I only have a roll of the 5 min epoxy, and yet my 2700 still is lying in a box unassembled. I didn't try it at all because I was afraid it wouldn't be strong enough.
Doom, if you don't use epoxy on things like pressure vessels, then what do you use?