PVC-kit - my kit for planning a homemade

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:40 pm

this is my new kit to use if you are making a PVC homemade gun and you need to plan it out first. for those of you who don't know what a kit is, it is simply an image with lots of little parts of something which you use MSpaint's copy and paste tools to assemble the parts to make a complete object. in this case, a water gun. try it out.

Here's a homemade i did with the kit, it's a modified design from sscentral, but i plan to build it. go ahead and build it if you can figure the design out.

if i get real good with my flash program, i may make a program that automatically gives you a parts list.
-The Wizard of Water

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:03 pm

Nice! However I find that is too similar to my homemades, well actually my homemades plus a pepper-style reservoir. I prefer to draw mine out on paper because I find it is faster and I can refer to the original when drawing a final version, but if you like this way then it can get the same results and look cooler. I am planning on making all my future homemade articles like this one is, with the part listing in the picture. I just haven't got the time (especially today) to do such a task yet. I would like to see some flash stuff though, 3DBBQ at NH is good at that. Sounds like an iSoaker type project. :;):

Edit: I just noticed, your threaded end cap idea will not work. You'll need a male part with threads to screw it on, unless of course you get some PVC with threads on it, which is not only expensive but rare. It would be best to have that part because it's common stuff. Also, your nozzle system would work best like that too.

Question: Have you made your own homemades? And do you have pics and info about them? I am interested.

Edited By Doom on 1090196132

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:40 pm

oh, was that your design. it probably was. sorry, i got it off of your website and added resouvour- uh, tank. and i added a grip to the pump handle. what do you mean, 'too similar'? do you mind me building it?:( (you have a good design there. sorry!:D)
-The Wizard of Water

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:25 pm

Well I'me sure it's okay for you to build it, I think he just doesn't want it called original.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:16 am

Thing is, BlueMage already stated in his first post that:
it's a modified design from sscentral

He never called it an original design.

These sort of graphic tool/map sets are very useful. I, personally, prefer sketching my dream soakers without using an image set, but for making actual soakers, it's a great way to keep track of how many of what type of part one needs to build it.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:57 am

I know that he didn't call it original, but I think Doom was trying to make sure he would never.

blueviper42

Post by blueviper42 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 pm

the threaded endcap would work, as long as he got a threaded male adapter.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:38 pm

what i usually do is i sketch it out, and then i use this kit to make a better-looking design and make sure that everything will fit okay,because sometimes something looks good on paper, but when i assemble it i find that it won't work. the kit is made to help you find flaws in the design as well as just make a cool looking picture.
-The Wizard of Water