CPS 1000 Bladder sliding off post

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
jSpazz

CPS 1000 Bladder sliding off post

Post by jSpazz » Tue May 23, 2017 2:15 pm

So I finally got to opening up my CPS 1000 that has been living at my parent's place. Aside from intermittently pump shooting, water would leak from the pressure chamber after charging it. I suspected that the bladder had developed a tear or hole, but when I got it open, the bladder looks fine.

I did notice two things - the o-ring for the pressure chamber had failed, and the bladder had slid off two of the three flanges holding it on the post.

It seems like the system was put under much larger pressure then the PRV would allow for. Has anyone else experienced this before?

TylerK

Re: CPS 1000 Bladder sliding off post

Post by TylerK » Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Haven't seen it before. I have put a some teflon tape on the bladder as well as where the main reservoir connects just to tighten/seal it up before.

Where is it leaking after charging it? Nozzle? Is there a crack? Or was it was the bladder connection point?
Did you try a rubber band to stop the occasional pump shooting?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 1000 Bladder sliding off post

Post by marauder » Thu May 25, 2017 8:48 am

I have used hose clamps to fix this issue before. They are cheap and do the job well.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.