CPS 2000 help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
JG

CPS 2000 help

Post by JG » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:48 am

Hello
I am all new to this as I found this super soaker in the trash. It looks to be in good shape but I can only get a quick short blast(about 2 feet) and in lasts a second. I can't seem to get it to work. I checked the bladder and it doesn't seem to have any tears and I tried to glue down the seal in the valve. Water does seem to be coming out of the nozzle when pointed down towards the ground Any help is appreciated.
JG

TylerK

Re: CPS 2000 help

Post by TylerK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Is the bladder filling up?
Is the nozzle clogged?

I had a CPS1000 that would pressurize much or shoot far cause the check valves and nozzle was clogged with grass.

I'm sure there's other possible issues that others on here could bring up.

JG

Post by JG » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 pm

How much is the bladder suppose to expand? I do see it expand some. Is there a way to take the nozzle apart of can I just spray water through it? Or is there a better way to unclog.
Thanks

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:38 am

Wow, a 20000 in the trash! We need pics, or preferably video of you pumping and firing while it's oened up.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 am

If the blaster outputs water when it's pointed down, it points to the firing valve being open (if all else is sealed). This sometimes happens when the spring that closes the valve weakens with age. This guide gives more details about this particular problem.

If it's not that, I'd recommend you read SSC's internal leak repair guide, as it details several strategies to isolate the leak and fix it. As always, pictures or video do help out a lot.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench