CPS 1500 issues

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Redd

CPS 1500 issues

Post by Redd » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:07 pm

I recently purchased a 1500. The seller said it was fine, but once I tried it out it leaked. A lot. I will most likely be returning the item, but I have offered the seller that I will keep the item if they give me a hefty partial refund. They may or may not bite, as I imagine they'll have a hard time selling it.

I need help in knowing what the issue is, so I can see how easily it is fixed and weather or not it would be worth keeping. I would also like to know what to do to fix in the event I keep it.

The 1500 is an GREAT cosmetic condition, so I don't think it has taken too much of a beating throughout the years. I fill up the blaster, and pump once or twice. No leaks, and the 1500 even holds pressure for a good shot. However, if I pump anymore I hear a "hiss" associated with the activation of a pressure release valve, and water pours out of the blaster. The pressure is still there though, as I can fire the shot even after the leaking.

I'm assuming there is an issue with the PRV, but I want to make sure as once I open this thing, it's mine. I'm not going to actually open it until I agreed to keep the blaster and received the refund, obviously. I want to be 99% sure of what is up with this thing before I agree to keep it.

1500's must be internally fragile, this is the second one I have ordered that was described as fine and arrived broken. I have never had the issue with any other blaster.

SSCBen

Re: CPS 1500 issues

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:38 pm

From what you wrote, it sounds like water leaks out of the shell of the blaster. If so, that's doesn't sound like how a pressure relief valve would most easily break. The water returns to the reservoir if the valve is activated. I think you might have to wait until you open the blaster to get an idea about what broke. Wait until you hear back from the seller, first. If they reject your return then open it.

Redd

Post by Redd » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:21 pm

They can't reject the return, they can reject my offer of a partial refund and me keeping the item.

If they decline the offer, then I will return the item. Even if they don't want the item back, eBay will force them to provide a full refund since I was sold a broken item.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Redd is partly correct, an Ebay seller can reject a *return*, but cannot reject a *refund*. As a buyer, you can *always* get a refund on Ebay, and you can get a full refund including shipping about 98% of the time. If sellers have no return policies, they are only screwing themselves. What "no returns" really means on Ebay is that the buyer can get a refund and keep the item. An item that is DOA, but listed as working, qualifies for a SNAD case, which buyers win 98% of the time. If rejected, you can then file a Paypal case, which has similar odds of being closed in the buyer's favor.

Personally, I would only try to fix this if you got the blaster at thrift store level pricing, or you know it was only used a few times. Items even in mint condition may have been used extensively and developed serious internal problems. External condition doesn't tell the whole story. Anything full price better work on arrival when it comes to water guns.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Redd

Post by Redd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:41 am

The seller has accepted my offer, so I will be keeping the blaster. I got a 1500 for $5, and I do have another broken 1500 at home to draw parts from. Two crappy blasters combine to form a working one, possibly.

I likely won't be opening it up until I go home for the summer though.