XP70 Repair

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
DavidTheDankEngine

XP70 Repair

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 am

How do you take the orange nozzle cover off the XP70? I've almost opened it all the way except for this one piece.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: XP70 Repair

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Is it glued or unglued? I've actually never heard of a glued XP 70 nozzle cover, but hey.. you never know. I simply just used 2 flathead screwdrivers. The second time I had to do this I used a flathead and a bottle opener. Bottle openers are kind of angled which makes it easier, especially if you can get one with a little arm for leverage. Basically get the bottle opener (or flathead if you have to) under the nozzle cover and apply pressure pushing upward/outward. Then once it's in all the way do the same with the other side. Using both you should be able to work it off.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Thank you Marauder! I pried it with two screwdrivers and it came right off with no damage. There's another problem though, the very end of the trigger that pulls on the valve is broken off. I would do the trigger reinforcement mod, but this blaster has little rails that the grooves in the trigger ride along. If I put metal on the sides of the trigger, it would block those groves. What should I do at this point? I remember reading a while back that someone was planning on making metal replacement triggers, is that happening at all? Alternatively, what tool could I use to get rid of the rails? They seem a bit thick and stubby for pliers. Should I use a drill to shave them off?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:06 pm

chivesthechimp wrote:Thank you Marauder! I pried it with two screwdrivers and it came right off with no damage. There's another problem though, the very end of the trigger that pulls on the valve is broken off. I would do the trigger reinforcement mod, but this blaster has little rails that the grooves in the trigger ride along. If I put metal on the sides of the trigger, it would block those groves. What should I do at this point? I remember reading a while back that someone was planning on making metal replacement triggers, is that happening at all? Alternatively, what tool could I use to get rid of the rails? They seem a bit thick and stubby for pliers. Should I use a drill to shave them off?
Sorry for taking a while to get back to this. I actually had this problem as well on my XP 70. Hopefully you still have the broken piece of the trigger. I used JB weld and epoxied it back on. It's been good for over 3 years now. If you do not have it then you could get a little strip of metal and put it under the trigger, like a trigger reinforcement, but bend it so that the very end turns a sharp 90 degrees up, like this: _________| and that piece can take the place of the broken part. It will have to be strong.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.