oozinator leaks

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
personaobscura

oozinator leaks

Post by personaobscura » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Hey there,

My Oozinator leaks from the seam along the bottom whenever the gun is not tilted forward (with or with out pressure). AFAIK, there is no pressure leak; at least I don't hear any.
Is this repairable without major surgery?
Anybody take one of these apart and have some pics they might share?

Thanks for your time

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: oozinator leaks

Post by HBWW » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:09 pm

We need more details. Does it leak when trying to hold pressure? When there's no pressure and just water in the reservoir? Does it leak when pumping? Is the Ooze portion leaking, or the water? (Sounds like water.)

To answer the questions: No, the blaster has to be taken apart. I've not been able to do this myself due to the difficulty in taking the Ooze pump handle apart. I'll have to sit down and figure it out again later, ask someone who's taken it apart, or use some brute force. I haven't had time to bother with the Oozinator due to other projects though; sorry.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

personaobscura

Post by personaobscura » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 pm

No worries
Thanks for the response.
Waters leaking with or without pressure.
Will get back to you if I decide to go in.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:03 am

If it leaks without any pumping at all then maybe the reservoir got loose somehow, or there's a crack in a pipe somewhere. For the first issue just take it apart and make sure the reservoir is snug into the pipe system. You may need a new O ring where they connect. If it's the other then some epoxy applied to the leak should do the trick. A third option is just that you're getting water inside the gun when filling. This can happen if you dunk the Oozinator into a bathtub or lake or sink or something when filling it, or if you're just not careful and not all of the water gets in the reservoir but some ends up dripping down the side of the reservoir. Cuz then it often gets inside your shell and people think that their gun leaks when really they just spilled a lot when filling.

personaobscura

Post by personaobscura » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check it out.