CPS 2500 'Linda' revived once again

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Shrike

CPS 2500 'Linda' revived once again

Post by Shrike » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

Hello there,

I know I haven't been around for the past 2 years, but some of you might still remember me and my favorite CPS 2500. I call her Linda. :)

After having repaired said soaker back then I used her again after some time and guess what, the plastic thing with the nozzle valve inside started to leak.
But once again, I'm in no mood to have Linda make yet another attempt at reaching the ethereal horizon.
I sawed it open again and noticed that i could easily get the epoxy off that i had used last time.
In the last pic you can see all the stuff i sawed outta there and some of the epoxy i was able to peel off with just my fingers.

So this time i used hot glue instead since i had made some rather promising experiences with it repairing other soakers' pressure parts.
I'll try to pressurize and fire it soon, but we're expecting thunderstorms tomorrow. Also I'm going paintballing, so I don't have that much time anyway. It'll probably be at least until Sunday/Monday when i can test it.

Shrikey

PS: This was the thread about it on SSC.

Edit: I just noticed that you have to pay at imageshack now if you want pics bigger than thumbnails. I'll get a new pichost so i can upload the pics properly.
Edit2: I went with imgur now, but I also noticed that i can just change the resolution in the imageshack link and it would give me a bigger picture. Oh well....
Last edited by Shrike on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker

Re: CPS 2500 'Linda' revived once again

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Note: you can also attach pictures directly to your posts as well.

See:
upload_attachment.jpg
upload_attachment.jpg (15.05 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
You can find the above tab at the bottom when you're posting a new post or use the full "Reply" function.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 pm

I recommend imgur. Imageshack used to be good a long time ago, but over the years, progressively turned into something almost as bad as Photobucket. Images disappear inexplicably more and more often, and then they imposed a cap. Imgur has not had any of these problems since day 1, as far as I can tell.

That said, you can just link to the full image at imageshack from the thumbnail. They provide a URL for it too; use it.

Attachments also work, but have more severe size restrictions.

Anyway, congrats on the repair. This is why I'm favoring blasters with disassembleable pull valves, because that's a very common failure point and any valve that can't be opened easily is impractical for the long term, at least until we can fabricate our own replacement parts.

BTW, happy cat day lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Those are some good pics of your repair. Would you mind taking some of it firing once you test it out?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.