I started thinking about this a long, long time ago and finally got around to finishing it.
I took a broken XP110, a broken XP215 and a fake CPS 1500 and combined parts of them together to make...
A replacement CPS 1000 pump! Can you tell? It is actually retracted all of the way in the above picture.
I used the pump cap from an XP 110, the pump shaft from an XP 215 and the pump handle from a Fake-PS 1500.
Here was the biggest problem- the plastic for the pump cap was clean gone, as shown in this old picture:
That white tube is actually the pump shaft!
The most important thing for me was to make sure that the pump was secure and the gun could still be unscrewed. However, the CPS 1000 was missing the entire piece that normally holds the pump cap on. If I just glued a new piece in place I would have to break it to open the gun. So what did I do?
I cut the threaded piece off of the XP 110 with a razor blade... and using the pump cap to hold the two pieces together...
I glued it to my CPS 1000 with super glue. It didn't go on straight the first time...
but the second time it was good for sure.
Now for the pump itself. The CPS 1000 has a larger diameter pump than a 1500/1-3-5.
I found that the XP 110's pump was too long and not wide enough for the CPS 1000 (but it could work for a 1500).
Similarly, I found that an XP 215 pump was too short, but with a little e-tape the seal was perfect. The handle is too small (and green) though... but when I bought that fake CPS 1500 a while back... it sparked an idea.
Cut here it says...
I decided to combine the FPS 1500 pump handle with the XP 215 pump! I cut the 1500 down to a short length, then made it narrow enough to fit inside the 215. I accomplished both with a hacksaw and razorblade.
Cut and fit inside of the shaft. I went as close to the 1500 handle holes as I could.
Now I need to glue the two together, but also:
I need to fill these holes! Since the XP 215 is an air pump, this check valve will let outside air in and that's no good!
I used lots of JB Weld to glue the pumps together and fill the holes.
You can't really tell until you pull the pump out.
When inserting the pump, I encountered a lot of resistance. However, by pushing the pump down and slowly letting the air out (You could also fill the shaft with water), the air was removed and the pump could now suck in water.
Now this broken CPS 1000, which I bought for 6$ from Talize, is working again. Although, I did spend about 5-9$ on the other guns, but still. I'll give it a proper testing later, when I use it to shoot down a wasp hive behind the garage.
So it works pretty well (those wasps never knew what hit em'!), although it has a very tough check valve, and unless the seal is really tight it won't work- first it won't create enough suction to bring the water in, and then when you try and compress the air it won't go into the PC and will flow around the pump instead. So this CPS 1000 is a little harder to pump than my other CPS 1000's. It also seems to have a greater output, although I will need to get another CPS 1000 out to test this.