Colossus 2 pump handle

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
BurntWaffle007

Colossus 2 pump handle

Post by BurntWaffle007 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 am

So yesterday I was having a small water war with my friends in my backyard.Since about a month ago,when I bought the Colossus 2,I used it basically everyday.Anyways I pre-pumped it,filled it with water from a hose,and pumped it a little more and then "snap",I had the gun in one hand and the handle in the other.Looking back a few weeks ago,I do remember the handle being looser than usual.But anyways,later on I decided to look to see I what had happened and it turns out that their is still a big chunk of the pump rod in the handle.What would you recommend I do to fix this,I was thinking about epoxy or glue but I never did something like this before,I contacted BBT already but so far no reply.Though the good thing is I did just ordered another blaster,so ya.
Last edited by BurntWaffle007 on Mon May 19, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many water blasters to get, so little money I have.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Colossus 2 pump handle

Post by HBWW » Mon May 19, 2014 11:57 am

Epoxy alone won't help here. You'll have to replace components or splice them.

There are a number of solutions here. You can shorten the pump by drilling hole(s) in what's left of the pump rod, and placing the handle there (by simply unscrewing the screws on the handle, taking it apart, and moving it.) Of course, this will leave the pump too short to be useful, given how short it already is. Instead, I recommend splicing. Use something that fits in the pump rod and connect them, ideally with socket screws. Using a yhreaded rod (bolt without a head) may also be a good means to connect them.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

BurntWaffle007

Re: Colossus 2 pump handle

Post by BurntWaffle007 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Ok,thats perfect,thank you.
So many water blasters to get, so little money I have.