Vindicator repair help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Vindicator repair help

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 am

Over the weekend I finally got around to trying to fix my Vindicator. It would shoot water when pumped weather the trigger was pulled or not and I thought I knew how to fix it. It was surprisingly easy to open, compared to newer SS guns, I put the screw driver in the pump cap and barely had to push at all to get it off (I have put Hasbro guns in boiling water and still couldn't break the glue). So anyway, I got the gun apart and put two mini rubber bands around the trigger mechanism and and gave it some silicon lubricant. When I put the gun back together it still doesn't work only now instead of shooting a solid stream no mater what position the trigger in, it just shoots mist.

What did I do wrong? How can I fix it?
I would really like to know since it is my favorite gun (I finally had a battle with my CPS 2500 but I like my Vindicator better), I do have another one, but it would be nice to have a spare for friends or if my other one dies.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Re: Vindicator repair help

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 am

I'm a touch unclear about the problem now. Does it pump water at all when the reservoir is filled? Does it dribble somewhere? Is the trigger at least responsive when pulling it (it at least returns to non-pulled position when you let go)?

If you are careful, you should be able to fill the Vindicator's reservoir when it is open and pump it slowly to try to determine exactly what is happening and where things my be going wrong.

Oh, and just to better understand things, does your Vindicator's internals look like these Vindicator's internals?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 am

Yes, that is what they look like, basically before it would build up pressure but it would all just come out because the trigger valve wouldn't close (but it was a solid stream). Now that I put some rubber bands around it (the part with the spring in the front of the gun) it just shoots mist, like it is blocked or something. Now the trigger goes back to the un-pulled position (it didn't really before), but it has no effect on how it shoots. I might be able to fill the reservoir while it is open, but I'm a little worried that the insides will pop out when I try and pump it, but I did pull the trigger the last time I had it open and the rubber bands made it go back the rest of the way, well, almost all the way, it went like 2mm farther if I pushed it, but I doubt that should have made much of a difference.

It takes a little while to get the screws all off, but I can easily get it open again if you all have some suggestions to try.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 am

IF you can pressurize the chamber somehow, but are only shooting mist when you pull the trigger, you've somehow damaged the pump. Most likely, you will need to open it up again to figure out what's going on. You can fill the reservoir before opening it up to make life a little easier; just have a towel handy. :goofy:

With water in the reservoir, you just need to try pumping a couple of times. If you don't see water flowing through the tubing into the chamber, that means the problem lies before the chamber either with the pump valves, the pump, or with the intake. IF you somehow see water being pushed into the chamber but you're still only firing mist, I'd be really confused.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Please provide some pictures so we can see the opened gun. I know the vindicator well and it is not difficult to check out what is wrong: Just go step by step:

1) Fill Reservoir with water ( look at leaks...Water drops ??? )
2) Pressurized the gun, move the pump for and backward. Control wheather water is passing the valve or entering the PR-valve back to the tank(this makes a queak sound). Also feel how much power you need for pumping, may there is a valve blocked. Remove the pump and control seal of pump-head. all ok ?
3)Try to pump some air into the pressure chamber, mixed with water. THis way you can make sure that everything is seal. drain the gun's internals with water to see any air boubles at the internals. all fine ?
4) Pull trigger, release trigger. Remove nozzle selector and look into the firing-pipe, open and close trigger-valve and make sure you do not see any dirt or foreign things in there. Anything wrong in there ? Remove.

5) Still not done ? Check nozzle selector carefully.

Everything checked now, the gun is working well or you found something wrong, or you did not check carefully ;)

last option but not least: Sell it to me, I will be happy even when it is broken :)

good luck!

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Is it on the fan setting?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple