CPS 3000

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
TheSoaker

CPS 3000

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am

Hi people I just got a CPS 3000 but without the backpack res. I was wondering if it is possible if I could fit it with a solar shower or not.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

wetmonkey442

Re: CPS 3000

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 pm

It is certainly possible. However, you will have to find a way to connect tubing from the backpack to the intake tube on the CPS 3000. Connecting the tube to the backpack is easy, you will just need a double-headed barbed tube fitting that fits the tube that you are using, and the tube on the solar shower. Connecting the tube to the intake tube will not be easy, and may require some heavy epoxying.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 pm

So long as you're not breaking the laws of physics, anything is possible. :goofy:

As for ease and elegance, it really depends on what tools and materials you have access to and your skill at using them. The intake area of the CPS3000's blaster is fairly straight-forward in the sense that as long as you can create a device that seals the opening well and connects to the backpack portion, it should work. Creating the connector piece will require finding a suitable diameter piece of tubing that can fit snugly into the opening and be subsequently attached to the hose connection. I'd say to keep guesswork down to a minimum, just bring your CPS3000's blaster to your local hardware store and size out potential connector pieces there. May then need a little vinyl/plumber's tape to seal things, perhaps with a layer of epoxy if you want to make a more permanent change to the blaster.

At any rate, if you do go for it, take pics at various stages and share your project's progress with the community!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm

From own experiences I would suggest to open the gun's casing. This way you have a great access the to inner mechanics. Connecting a hose to the gun is much easier and you will do a great job without problems. Also you can make sure the connection is 100% seal. :)

Not that difficult to manage, you should be able to do this without issues, good luck ^^

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:48 am

Ok it's done. It has a 2.5 gal solar shower in the backpack which as you can see can hold my backup gun: a storm 600 I was able to wrap some duct tape around the tube and jam it into the gun . And it works Image Image Image
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 pm

That's awesome. Could you write up a repair guide for this detailing how you fixed it?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.