Location of XP 110 PRV?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

Location of XP 110 PRV?

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello. I'm trying to fix my XP 110. It leaks only when I activate the PRV while pumping, so the leak must be coming from that area. But when I pump it, either the PC burst off or the tape I use to hold them messes something else in the gun. Can someone outline the area so I can just epoxy the whole thing? Thanks.

atvan

Re: Location of XP 110 PRV?

Post by atvan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Picture?

It should be a slightly widened area between the pump and the PC in a secondary pipe.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:56 am

Before you disable the PRV I recommend you open up the gun and start pumping water through it so that you can actually see where it's leaking out of. I had a problem like that, but it turned out that the connection between my pressure gauge and the rest of the gun was cracked severely and I had to epoxy that instead.

That should be your first step, I don't advise actually removing the PRV unless you find out that's actually the problem. I am pretty sure this is the PRV on the 110:

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am

I did open it, and the only time it leaks is when the PRV is activated, so I'm guessing that's where the leak is.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 am

Ok, so we know why it leaks, that's good... but WHERE does it leak? That's where you need to fix. If you freeze/remove the check valve you will most likely just push out more water from the current leak. Gotta stop that current leak first.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.