More 1700 Problems

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Me_Soak_U

More 1700 Problems

Post by Me_Soak_U » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Here's another problem with my 1700: when I pump water squirts out the pump tube and onto my pump hand. I'm guessing this is because of a weak o-ring seal. I tried putting the white, non sticky pluming tape (I believe it is latex) over the o ring but it didn't hold. I even tried a layer of duct tape which worked for a little then died. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

atvan

Re: More 1700 Problems

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Do you mean teflon tape? That should work if you put it under the o-ring. I doesn't seal, but it stretches the o-ring, making it flush against the pump tube. You could also try something like silicon lube(don't use vaseline). Lube makes pumping easier and improves the seal.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Re: More 1700 Problems

Post by DX » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:37 pm

If that doesn't work, consider replacing the O-ring (better for the long run than shoring up the stock one). Big box stores (Lowes, Home Depot) are not good for that, but some local stores carry O-rings in a surprising amount of sizes (Tenleytown's Ace Hardware has a whole isle of them). Replacing the O-ring isn't a big deal because they cost cents on the dollar, just remember to measure the OD and ID very precisely before you buy.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers