Opening a Flash Flood

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Opening a Flash Flood

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am

I know it has been covered before and I have read many of the threds but I still need some help onening my Flash Flood. I have gotten all the screws out and now I am at the part where I have to remove the pump cap. I have been using CA99's method of using a hamer and a screwdriver to creat a chanel in the pump cap, but it is taking for ever, I have worked for an hour and bearly put a dent in it, is it suposed to take that long or am I doing something wrong? I have been holding the gun so the nozzle faces up and chisiling at a 45 digree angle on the top of the pump cap.

I also need help on how to remove the nozzle caps for the flood nozle and the stream nozzle. Do I pry them off or do they just come out when I take the gun apart, or other I guess?

Sorry for bringing this up when it has been brought up so many times before but if you have seen the list of broken guns I have you can probably tell I’m a noob at fixing soakers.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Re: Opening a Flash Flood

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

What seems to work best is find out where the glue is, then carefully hacksaw at the glue. Takes about 20 seconds. I would imagine the nozzle covers are a peice that will not bother you.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

You need to bash the screwdriver a lot harder, and/or you need to use a much sharper screwdriver. Perhaps a Dremel or hacksaw will work faster, but are more tricky to undo. (The pump cap still serves a purpose; to keep the pump itself in line and it helps quite a bit.) Either way, be careful.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 pm

When I did it, we only cut at the glue. The pump cap slides on and off, but is snog against the casing, and stays there until yo pull it off.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:43 pm

The caps I've had tended to slip off way too easily, so I had to leave them in via glue. (I used Elmer's glue; very weak but generally gets the job done for something simple like that and ensures that re-opening it doesn't become a pain.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 am

I guess I got lucky then. It is very handy to have that to help keep the gun together, but also have it come off easily if I need it to. The pump cap, btw, doesn't seem to do much on the MD3k.
Beware the Purple

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:12 pm

It doesn't do much on many blasters; for some it is helpful for keeping the case halves shut, while for the FF, it's pretty much required to keep the pump in line. I guess it can be lived without on the MD3k.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I was away on the weekend. I will try hitting it harder, I was being pretty gentle with it and my screwdriver isn't really sharp but it is the sharpest one I could find. One thing I did notice that I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that there are two screws at the back, one on the top part and one on the bottom, that come in from the right side of the casing and are in holes that have been covered over by plastic. I ended up breaking the bottom one when I noticed the case wasn't coming apart, you can see if you look closely where the filled in the hole with plastic. So any one trying to take apart your Flash Flood, make sure you drill out those two screws!

I haven't gotten to getting the cap off yet but I will post when I do.

Another thing though, what do I do about the two nozzle caps, how do they come off?
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

I do beleive that they should not be problematic.
Beware the Purple

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Help! The trigger of my Flash Flood snapped. What am I to do? Apart form opening it? :(

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Naugh wrote:Help! The trigger of my Flash Flood snapped. What am I to do? Apart form opening it? :(
Well, you need to open it to repair it properly. Depending on what part actually broke, there are a number of things that can be done to fix the problem. It all depends where the fault lies. Post pics if you have questions and want more specific answers.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: