2500 Nozzle Selector Pops Off

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
DX

2500 Nozzle Selector Pops Off

Post by DX » Sat May 28, 2011 11:04 am

So, I completed my 2250. However, it won't work properly until I can figure out how to re-secure the 2500 nozzle selector. The original screw won't hold it down, and I thought that tapping a new, more hardcore screw would do the job. It lasted for a few rotations, but then popped off as well. No matter how tightly the screw is locked down, rotating the selector unsettles it enough that it just comes loose. I had this problem with an old Nerf gun where the screw wouldn't hold the plunger head down anymore, and it took epoxy to fix that. But, I don't think I can use epoxy here because the selector has to move. Any ideas?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

martianshark

Re: 2500 Nozzle Selector Pops Off

Post by martianshark » Sat May 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, you could just leave it off... then you would have some sort of CPS 2000-like thing.

What is the 2250?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I asked the same thing earlier, but I think it's safe to assume that it's the 2k PC in 2500 since he's trying to get the 2500 together.

Strange issue though. When I repaired the 2500 just over a week ago, I was having problems getting the nozzle selector to stop leaking. Eventually, I found that there was too much friction on the spring pistons that push the rotary part against the O-ring. This took a while to figure out and lots of screw-unscrewing of the part, and I almost over-tightened the thing too. Despite all this, it never broke. (The problem I had is that I had to sand down the pistons that hold the springs down and lock to the two unused nozzles; they were getting stuck against the shaft.)

Not sure what to do here actually. You could try to hack together a metal nozzle selector, or just use a single custom nozzle which would be the easiest approach.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I second CA99 and martianshark: A single nozzle might be the most effective approach.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat May 28, 2011 3:31 pm

I would suggest to use a long srew with much thread around(much and BIG) so the screw does hold in place with much force. You may drill a hole where the original screw was carefully to get the long screw in far enough. The longer the screw and the more contact the screw have, the more power you will have at the selector. This way you should be able to fix the nozzle selector enough to work as it should without leaking but to be able to twist.

I had the same problem with my k-modded CPS 2700, but after I put in a big and loong srew all is forced in place and all works fine again.

Great thing the CPS 2250! But you get a better range at the original CPS 2000 Mk1 since it is using a nozzle bigger than 20 X::. The biggest nozzle of the CPS 2500 is a 20X:: and therefore the range is a less. I am willing to claim that the CPS 2500's bladder would archieve 15 metres when put in a CPS 2000.

Never tested this, though :D

Good luck, DX! I am waiting to deal with you! When will you have time ?

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2011 6:30 pm

http://www.toothpickmatt.netfirms.com/S ... index.html

^ Is the only place where I know the integration is documented, with pictures. I took plentiful pics so that I can write up a more recent guide and performed some other things (trigger and pump reinforcement). I might drill the 20x later, have to get the selector working first.

I used a pretty hardcore screw, but perhaps it wasn't long enough, I'll see if there's a longer one lying around anywhere. The thing also leaks majorly so I put in a slightly larger O-ring, too.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers