Nerf Super Soaker Point Break: Internal Pics

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
isoaker

Nerf Super Soaker Point Break: Internal Pics

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Nerf Super Soaker Point Break internal pictures posted.

A pic of the Point Break's internals was linked to from one of soakernerd's earlier posts. I still opted to open up mine to see it for myself and to take and share more pictures of the internal set-up of this blaster.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Point Break: Internal Pics

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 pm

For reducing costs, nothing beats this design but the piston pumper and squirt gun!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:13 pm

given the way this blaster is designed, a ball valve was definitely a feasible option, but they used a pinch valve instead. why? by the time we figure it out, hasbro would have already made a dozen more inexplainable designs.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm

thelaminator wrote:given the way this blaster is designed, a ball valve was definitely a feasible option, but they used a pinch valve instead. why? by the time we figure it out, hasbro would have already made a dozen more inexplainable designs.
The "advantage" of using a pinch trigger is that there's no need for a pressure release valve since the pinch trigger will open itself if reservoir pressure gets higher, opening well before there's a chance of reservoir structural failure. Ball-valves, on the other hand, will not open if there's too much internal pressure, thus requiring some sort of pressure limitation mechanism for safety. That said, for the cost of the additional styling, better plastics, etc., one would have thought a ball valve and pressure release valve wouldn't have affected cost.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am

Hasbro can't even make a PR pistol. Sad, just sad.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I would assume that the fact that the tube is shaped more ore less like ^ has a negative affect on range. I would guess that if the water traveled through a straight tube after the pressure was released it would shoot further.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:49 am

I would guess that if the water traveller through a tube that was wider than a pencil lead it would shoot further.

Does the reservoir have an intake tube? Given the rest of the blaster, I would not be at all surprised if it didn't (therefore meaning there'd be no shot time when shooting angled up).

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 am

There's a slight curve upwards just before where the pump comes in on the reservoir in the back. If there's a tube, that's probably where it is. Of course, with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they fumbled up the thing and placed the tube too close to the pump connection, resulting in air getting into the shot, but even Hasbro/Nerf doesn't seem to screw up on that sort of thing, even if they'll intentionally screw up the rest of the blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat