Mysterious CPS 1000 leak.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

Mysterious CPS 1000 leak.

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:19 pm

My CPS 1000 arrived in the mail today, and the neighbors are already jealous. :goofy:
Anyhow, water drips out from the bottom of the handle when it is filled. I cannot track a leak, it is coming from the handle but I can't a place where water could be leaking. It is a small, minor, (but still annoying) leak but I have no idea where it is coming from. Can anyone locate the mysterious leak? :cps1000:

isoaker

Re: Mysterious CPS 1000 leak.

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Well, sounds like you'll need to open it to find it.

If you only fill it and don't pump it, does it leak? If so, it's likely a reservoir/reservoir tubing issue.
If it dribbles most when pumping, leak could be from the pump or from the PC.
If it leaks only after shooting, could be a loose connection between the nozzle valve and the actual nozzle opening.

One can fill and pump an open water blaster, but need to do so carefully. If everything is dry at first before you start pumping, it'll be much easier to narrow down where the leaking water is coming from.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Don't forget the possibility that the water is simply splashed on the outside when filling. It will tend to run to the lowest point - the bottom of the handle - before dripping.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:26 pm

cantab wrote:Don't forget the possibility that the water is simply splashed on the outside when filling. It will tend to run to the lowest point - the bottom of the handle - before dripping.
That, too! Sometimes the most obvious reasons are the ones easily overlooked. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh well...He might be overstrained with so much helps/tips :goofy:

Nearly nothing to add, all is said :) good work^^

From Own experience: CPS 1000s sometimes have not well-shaped pumps, all is right and no cracks or anything but the pump leaks a bit when moving. Little drops from the pump are USUAL for these guns. You can drill a small hole into the the bottom of the orange pump-cap, so the water coming out of the pump drops down and not on your hand/pump handle.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh no, I dryed the blaster before leak scanning. I belive it is a resovoir tubing problem. I guess I'll open it, I dunno. It's a small leak, and I really don't wanna risk wrecking it... :goofy: :cps1000: