XP 110 Repair

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
acericardo

XP 110 Repair

Post by acericardo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 pm

I am currently trying to repair my friend's twin XP110 them after we unearthed it at his house, and I have managed to separate all the casing up to the nozzle, which I am finding impossible to remove. Can it simply be pulled off as I presume, or is extra sawing/cutting required?

Thanks,
acericardo
acericardo

martianshark

Re: XP 110 Repair

Post by martianshark » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm not sure how the nozzle on the 110 is, but it's probably simular to removing the pump cap. Try pulling it off. If that doesn't work it's probably glued. Try cutting the glue with a razor or something or try doing the stuff you would normally do to the pump cap. As a last resort, try breaking the nozzle off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you really need that orange nozzle cover thing.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: XP 110 Repair

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

In rare instances you may even be able to unthread the nozzle off by rotating it counter-clockwise. Otherwise, get flathead screwdrivers to pry it off. Prying off is the universal solution. You can also use a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to cut the piece in half along where the casing would split, but this is rarely, if ever a really good idea at the end. (On some guns doing this can make the nozzle/pump cap very difficult to keep on when closing the gun.)

Two flathead screwdrivers (that are relatively sharp) should do the job. Quite some force is sometimes needed to rip the caps off so be prepared for some plastic to fly.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat