Mt. Tiki Soki issue

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
robojeff

Mt. Tiki Soki issue

Post by robojeff » Mon May 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. So far I'm pretty impressed that there is a whole Super Soaker community out there.

Anyway, I hope this post is in the right spot, but I'm having issues with my beloved Mt. Tiki Soki sprinkler.

I'll do my best to explain the issue and I would appreciate any feedback.

Basically, when I first connect it to the hose it's eyes open and erupts as normal. It erupts only once and then doesn't do it again. Going forward, The water just kinds of bubbles out with no force and the eyes do not open again.

If I turn off the water and let it sit for a few minutes and turn it on again, it does erupt again and then the same as above.

I also noticed that there is a leak at the hose connector. It spraying water where valve connects to the sprinkler. Could this be a pressure issue because of the leak or could there be something wrong with it internally? If it's a pressure issue, is there a to fix the leak?

Anyway, I'm just wondering what my approach should be (if any).

Thanks.

isoaker

Re: Mt. Tiki Soki issue

Post by isoaker » Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 am

This sounds like there's a problem with the valve and it is getting locked into a closed position after the first firing, taking time (and a removal of water pressure) for it to return to its fully closed position so that it can be charged again. The leak may be simply an over-pressure valve releasing once the main valve gets stuck.

As for what to do, it really depends on a few things. If your Mt Tiki Soki is relatively new and you have a receipt, I'd say exchange it for a new one. If it is older, then you probably then need to try to repair it if you want it to work the way it should. At that point, depending on how comfortable you are with tools, you'll need to open up the casing and have a look at its internals. If you can, open up your Mt Toki Soki and take some pictures of the internals, posting them here before continuing with the repair. We may be able to then give you more specific instructions on things to look at/test/fix before you go further with the repair.

Good luck and keep us posted with whatever you end up doing!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: